Chapter Fourteen

♫Silence by Marshmello ft. Khalid

~Sorry for not updating but I was away at my grans all weekend studying so I've had no time to write. I also had horse riding and I fell off for the first time (I've been riding for two years) and I fell into a wall, smacked my head off it then my body thudded on the ground. However, I was laughing and I didn't hurt myself too badly, thankfully. 

2 weeks later

Newt's POV

I forgot how much I hated school until I walked the much dreaded corridors. Everybody stares at me like I'm a freak. Yes, I collapsed in PE, but that was two weeks ago. I would have thought all of that would have passed over by now. I guess I was wrong.

A group of boys stand before me. They're slightly taller, and wear intimidating looks on their faces. They laugh to themselves as they form a line. There's five of them and one of me. Fuck.

"Excuse me," I say as I try to push my way past them. The one in the middle -who I recognize to be Ben- uncrosses his arms and shoves me back hard enough that I stumble. I regain my posture and clench my fists in my hands, trying to supress the urge to punch the living daylights out of him.

A crowd gathers round us and suddenly I feel afraid. Nothing can stand a chance against them; they have well built bodies and do enough verbal damage that it feels like physical pain.

I am the 'nothing'.

"Wanna speak a little louder, Newt?" Ben says harshly. Murmurs and whispers begin, but I hold my ground.

"Please, get out of my way," I try again. Useless.

"Why haven't you been in school? Wait-before you answer, I already know-"

"I'm pretty sure the whole school does," I deadpan, interrupting. The crows lets out a nervous laughter, and anger paints Bens face. 

"WHAT did you just say?!" He roars at me, grabbing my collar in one, swift move and shoves me up against the lockers. They make a rattling noise. His face is right up against mine, so close I can feel the heat radiating from him. 

"Go fuck yourself, Ben."

"That was not a smart thing to say, you fucking prick. You're worthless, Newt, I don't even know why you have friends. Hell, they probably hate  you. I bet they all pity you. And your boyfriend? Tommy? Well, he's just as pathetic, too. He can't give a one word answer in class or he'll have one of his panic attacks. What a wimp, right? Oh, who am I kidding, you're the perfect match for each other! Two fucked up, mentally ill FREAKS  who, for some reason, think they're worth all this drama. All these stares you get? Why? Why do people even like you? Do us all a favour, Newt, and die." 

Everyone is silent. Their eyes are glued to us, wondering who is going to make the next move. I keep my glare burning into Ben as he does to me.

"I already tried that once, I guess Hell doesn't want me yet," I respond, knowing what is coming next.

I'm thrown to the floor. Ben is strong, because I go down with a thud. My hands push me up. I'm ready to swing back but his fist connects with my face and his foot with my stomach. I double over in pain, trying to build up the energy to hit him back, but I'm too late. Again. There are more kicks into my stomach and rib cage until I go numb. 

I can see Ben walking round to the other side of my body. I'm so pathetic. I'm a lump on the floor, moaning in pain. 

"I can see you already tired it once. Look at your leg. I wonder what would happen if I-"