Chapter 9: The Good Days

Start from the beginning

The thought at the front of his mind was haunting him. Connor's expression of fear and pain as Thirium constantly poured from his broken regulator. 

Connor had always been sweet with him. Even before they were together.

All Gavin had done was constantly be an asshole and build up pain within the android which he clearly didn't deserve. 

And now here he was. In his house with his dead boyfriend just upstairs. He could only imagine how Hank was feeling.

He reached into his pocket, shaky fingers pulling out Connor's phone.

Gavin laughed at the thought of Connor's old passcode '1234'. 

Gavin's smile faltered as he inputted the new passcode that Connor had chosen a few weeks ago.

It was the day they officially had their first kiss. 

Connor was always so cheesy. 

-x-

Gavin interlaced his fingers with Connor's as the two walked through the park. The sun was setting so a soft glow casted over them. 

Connor's hand gripped Gavin's tighter as he pulled the man up the hill, "Jesus, this hill is fuckin' steep." Gavin took a deep breath as Connor continued dragging him.

"It was your idea to come here in the first place, Gavin." Connor stated with a smile as they finally reached the top. 

"I regret my decision." Gavin collapsed onto the grass, lying flat on his back. 

"No you don't." Connor smirked as he sat down next to him. 

Gavin sat up and looked to his right to look into the android's eyes, "You're right. You're here so I don't regret it. 

Cheesy. Way too cheesy. But he said it because he had learnt over the past few days that Connor loved hearing shit like that. 

Gavin then shuffled closer to him to wrap his arms around Connor's waist and rest his head on his shoulder. 

Connor wasn't so used to the hugging aspect. He would admit that he loved the feeling of Gavin's hand in his though. He soon put his own arms around Gavin. 

They both listened to the birds chirp and the trees rustle around them. Their eyes staring at the horizon in the far distance. 

Gavin had never done anything like this before in past relationships. He usually just went out for a drink until him and whoever he was with at the time were drunk before they headed back to Gavin's for a quick fuck. 

But for some reason... Gavin wouldn't even think about doing that with Connor. He actually wanted to take things slow and see if he can be in a serious committed relationship for longer than two months.

"Gavin?" Connor asked, breaking Gavin away from his thoughts.

Gavin pulled back slightly to look Connor in his eyes, their faces extremely close, "What's up?"

"I've... done some research."

"Research?" Gavin raised an eyebrow, "On what?"

Connor bit his lip, "Research about relationships. Considering I am new to everything."

"Just go with the flow." Gavin chuckled, "I always have."

Connor nodded.

His LED flashed a brief yellow as one of his hands went up to Gavin's cheek. Gavin was definitely shocked by this action, "Is this okay?" Connor wondered.

Gavin gulped, "Y-Yeah. Totally fine."

"Can I ask you an important question?"

"Fire away."

Connor smiled, "...Can I kiss you?"

Gavin almost laughed at how awkward Connor was but he stopped himself. He smirked, "Go for it." his own hand to reach up to the back of Connor's neck.

The android cautiously leaned forward until he could feel Gavin's breath ghost over his lips. He finally decided to make their lips meet. It was a short, but sweet, kiss.

Both Connor and Gavin craved more.

"Think you're gonna have to do that again, Con. Didn't feel it the first time." Gavin winked.

"Gladly." Connor replied.

-x-

Gavin quickly placed the unlocked phone onto the table.

He purposefully made it visible so Hank would see it when he came back downstairs.

The Detective then quickly made his way to the door, grabbing his coat along the way and flinging it on.

He hated himself. So much. He didn't know what to do anymore.

He exited the house as quietly as possible, tears still welling in his eyes, threatening to pour at the slightest trigger.

Connor's smile made its way into Gavin's mind.

Fuck that smile.

Upon entering the car, he turned the radio on and listened to some bullshit about how the weather was going to get colder.

Great. Just something to add to his already cold heart.

He started up the car and drove off into the night.

His mind needed to be cleared.