Save the old guy

We walked down the road and came across a building with cars jammed into it. "We should-" I turned to see a few z's walked there way over. "I think we should get on the roof." I muttered as I pointed him. He looked back and nodded. We ran over the the building and looked around for a ladder or a fire escape. I really didn't want to run thru the building. We were a the back and there was one fire escape. "Come on." he said. I followed him as we walked over to it. "You first." he said to me. I looked at him for a moment before I nodded. I got up the top and put my hand out for him. He looked at for a moment before he took it.

I walked on the roof as he walked to the front. 10k stopped and watched the z's for a moment. I looked up at the sky for a moment, not even a cloud. I looked back down and saw the z's kind of walked off or go into hiding. "Is it too hot for them?" I jokey asked. He smiled for a moment as he laid down. It's going to be a long day, it's it? I sat down and looked at the road that laid ahead on the building.

I looked up at the sky for a moment, before a car could he heard. I turned and looked down, watching the pick up. "Get down." I muttered as he pushed my head down. I when through my bag and grabbed the binoculars. I watched as people got out of the pick up. "I got seven." he said to me. "Yep, seven and well armed." I muttered. I watched them for a moment as I heard crying. I watched as one of the guys pulled out a baby. "Crap there was a baby down there." I muttered. "Is it turned?" He asked me. I looked again and watched as they took the baby with them. "Don't think so." I muttered. I looked over at him, squinting, he was watching the others walking around. He turned to look at me as I looked through the binoculars. Still nothing was happening, except the baby crying.

I laid on my back and looked up at the sky. "Hey look a boat." I muttered pointing at the cloud. He looked over at me for a moment. "Sorry.' I muttered turning back over as he looked up at the sky. "The sail just came off." he muttered. "Oh no." I muttered. I looked back at this group and watched. "10k. Look." I said and pointed down. He nodded and saved one of them, the older guy.  we both quickly got up and ran away from the group. "Nice shot." I said to him and he high fived me. I heard crying, before it stopped. "Looked like the baby stopped." 10k said. "Yay, that's what worries me." I said. I heard yelled just from under us, they were all really loud and that banging. "What the hell is that?" I asked him and just looked at me, giving a shrug.

There was shooting then screaming afterwards nothing. I let out a sigh as we sat up here, the sun shining down on us. I pulled out the water and took a sip, but I handed to him. He smiled and took it from me. I stood up and looked around before grabbing my things. He stood up and put his his sniper rifle over his shoulder. I grabbed the binoculars and started to walk off the roof. He handed me the water and I took another few sips. I put it the bag and we climbed down the ladder. I stopped at the bottom, knife out, looking around. "Don't see anything." he said to me. I pointed at myself than at my head. He straightened his snip and we walked along the road. I heard a car engine and a car getting closer. I turned to see the trucks getting closer.

"Hey. Hey there." the older man said as looked at him. I was on the far end of them. "You're that sharp shooter that saved my ass, aren't you?" he asked 10k and 10k just looked at him. "Oh man. I want to thank you. Do you need a ride?" the older man asked. I looked back at 10k for a moment. 10k jumped into the back before he exercised his hand out for me. I took it and stood in the back of the bed before 10k hit the truck. I looked around as the land past us, before looked back up at the sky. "I don't hear no crying." I said to him. He pointed to himself then his head, telling me he knows. "So where is it?" I asked. He just shrugged as I turned to see a Z on the road. I slowly grabbed my bag and looked through the binoculars.