Epilogue

"Father, father! Look! A spaceship!" An 8-year-old blond boy with gray eyes said, raising his toy rocket and making rocket noises. His father smiled at him fondly and continued watching the news on tv. It was a warm Sunday morning and he always thought that days like that were perfect. 

Suddenly, a breaking news announcement appeared on the screen of the television. There was a reporter standing in the middle of Times Square where a brawl was happening between a guy in an orange shirt and another person. Except it wasn't a person. It was a person with the upper body of a bull holding an ax. And the guy wearing orange was a kid barely 16 years old holding a sword. 

The bystanders watching them from the sides were obviously making snide comments and murmuring amongst themselves. 

"Pretty good costume,"

"What is this for? Movie promo?"

"Kids these days. They're just bothering other people,"

The kids' father was watching dutifully on the screen. The kid went back to his rocket and made more noises. He held the rocket up and ran outside to their backyard, whooping as if he were the pilot in the rocket moving at a very fast pace. He ran around their yard not noticing the creature that was now stalking him. 

Suddenly, there was a scream from the yard. The boy's father recognized it immediately and ran outside, twisting his bracelet which immediately turned to a sword. There was a harpy a half-bird half-human hybrid- trying to fly off with the boy. Seeing that it was only a single monster, the man flicked his sword which immediately turned back to the bracelet. 

"Commander, you can handle that," he said. The boy, who looked lifeless since he wasn't moving, suddenly snapped his head up, staring at the harpy which was still trying to take off but having a hard time due to the extra weight. It turned to dust a second later, the 8-year-old boy dusted himself off.

"So it has gotten worse," He said, his face morphing as he spoke. At the end of his sentence, Shifter was standing there n the yard in front of Forge. 

"Yes, it has." Forge agreed. "What do we do about this then, commander?" 

"It's been thousands of years, maybe even millions since a sibling of mine threw a tantrum this big. Also, I have seen their questers, and I am pretty confident about their abilities. They can do this without us. We'll interfere only when necessary," Shifter said. 

"Then we will leave now?"  Forge asked. 

"No, we will stay here and watch. I have Seer on watch for anything that could happen and she is to contact us in case of emergencies. For now, we will observe this Earth where Erebus tries to take control of the Earth and removes the Mist"

A/N: This took so long for a short epilogue oh my god I'm so sorry but I was really busy with school. Watch out for my other books that are still ongoing!

Thank you for reading, especially if you have been here from the start! I love you all!

Vote, comment, and follow if you liked it!