Chapter 28

The Alpha Team entered the fortress again, with The Commander in the lead. If they didn't know him they wouldn't notice that he was a little off, but considering that he just killed someone he really cared about, they didn't know how to approach him.

"Just let him be. I can sense that he's collecting himself right now, and talking to him will just break it again," Diva spoke to the others mentally.

They all agreed and to each other, not bothering the Commander. They reached the throne room and entered, making small bows to Void.

"Here it is, grandfather," Shifter said, snapping his fingers and making a sack appear in the air. Inside, Bloom could tell, was the head of Peace. Void nodded at him solemnly and held his hand out, the dark sack vanishing from Shifter's hand and appearing on his. He put it on a brazier that seemed to appear beside him and fire immediately consumed it.  

"Sooo, what do we do next?" Umbra suddenly broke the silence that ensued once the head was burning. Bloom hit him in the back of the head. 

"Quiet. Sir, would you come back with us now? We do really need your help," Bloom said, curtsying before Void.

"Rise, dear. Yes. I can come back to you, I think. The spell I put is beginning to lose its effects. Just a few more minutes and we can go," Void replied.

"A few minutes we do not have," Seer suddenly piped up. "Monsters, coming here. Many, but not too much that we'll be overwhelmed."

"Do you know what they are?" Shifter asked. Seer shook her head.

"Let me see," Void said, gesturing for Seer to come nearer. He put his hands on either side of her head and closed his eyes. A second later he opened them again and stepped back.

"Leviathans. Nasty creatures. Made by another god. With a capital G. We captured them before and brought them here. It's better if you do not encounter them. Lock the doors," Void said, and they immediately followed, even using their abilities to seal everything firmly. Void and shifter stood in front of the doors and chanted something in an extinct language. They couldn't see it, but Sierra could feel a sort of invisible barrier that separated them from the door.

"That ought to keep them out. I can feel it. The spell is almost gone. Just some more and we can leave. Be ready," Void said. 

Everyone went into positions, guarding all possible entrances with their weapons in their hands, back against each other. It didn't take long before they could hear growling and yelling. 

"Food! Special food! We shall feast!" They could hear someone yell from behind the doors. The door shook, but they held. Forge, who was the person standing in front of it, could tell that a few more blows could destroy it. He summoned his tools and went to work, fixing the door and creating something at the same time. He was finished in seconds. The door was reinforced, and he was sure that they wouldn't break. Not only that but he made traps that would trigger once the door opens. 

"It's gone. Let us go," Void said, waving his hand and summoning a portal to the middle of the room. They stepped in just as a loud roar reverberated in the room. The portal closed behind them. 

"Father," A woman's voice called out to them. They were in another throne room, but this one was filled with the universe itself. Forge could see everything on the walls- galaxies, stars, black holes, planets.

"Chaos," Void replied.

A/N: I lost my flash drive. :(( It has all my important files, songs, and even movies. I just remember taking it out of the tv yesterday (I used it to watch Perks of being a Wallflower on the tv) and sort of just forgot where I placed it. I'm pretty sure my forgetfulness is getting on a dangerous level.

Thank you for reading!

Vote, comment, and follow!

Also, what do you think of my idea for another book (Stockholm: The true story)? It's gonna be historical fiction. I'm gonna give you a preview this weekend, please tell me if I should start writing it already. If I'll write it I'll have to put The Curse of Life on hold.