Chapter 13

Umbra, Bloom, and Diva were the first to leave. Once they were in the dimension, Umbra let out a sigh. 

"Home sweet home," he said. He had changed into his wizard's robes so that he wouldn't feel too out of place. "I wonder if the others are still here? I do hope Minnie McGonagall and Flitwick still are, those two were my buddies," 

Diva and Bloom followed him silently as he led the way to the castle. They were released by the portal just a few meters away from Hogsmeade, which he explained was a wizarding town. 

"That over there is Honeydukes, they have the best sweets here. Then there's Zonko's, a joke shop and oh look- is that The Three Broomsticks? They're still open! You guys, we should go and get some butterbeer!" He started going for it, but Bloom pulled him back.

"We're not here for that. We have to get the Elder Wand, remember? " Bloom scolded him. He was still too pumped up to listen and continued to move towards the pub. This time Diva decided to intervene. 

"Stop moving." She said. Her voice became melodic, and those who heard it, which were Umbra and Bloom, immediately stopped moving. "Oh, not you, Bloom. I meant Umbra. Yes, That's right. Now, go back here and lead us to the castle." 

Umbra immediately obeyed and started trudging up to the castle in the distance. Bloom was following, and Diva looked unfazed by what she did. They were all carrying small knapsacks containing a change of clothes and some rations, as they were sure that this would be really simple. Alas, it was not. When they reached the castle, a lumbering 8-foot giant stopped them. 

"What're ye doing here?" He asked in a weird accent. 

"You're Hagrid, right? Half-giant, gamekeeper of Hogwarts?" Diva asked.

"Well, yes, but what're ye doing here? Do you have business with the Headmistress?" 

"Headmistress? But I thought Dumbledore was the Headmaster. We wanted to talk to him." Bloom suddenly answered, catching the others off guard. Umbra started to speak, but Bloom kicked him on the shins and he had to bite back a yelp. Hagrid looked close to tears.

"Ye see, Dumbledore- Dumble- Dumbledore is dead. He's been dead for a long time. How do you not know? If ye wanted ter see him before, then ye should see t' Headmistress. I'll show ye ter her." He said, not waiting for a reply. He just walked inside, and the others followed.

He led them to a blank wall and said something like 'Fizzing Whizbees', which made the wall slide to the side.

"This is the Headmasters office," Umbra told them.

"Yer, from 'Ogwarts" Hagrid narrowed his eyes at Umbra. Umbra shook his head.

"Long ago. Doesn't matter anymore. Thank you, I think we'll talk to her alone."He said. The giant grunted his welcome and left. Umbra led the way to the stairs.

Up inside the room, everything was neat and stockpiled, and there were lots of moving portraits of the previous Headmasters. Sitting on a chair was a tall, black-haired witch in emerald-green robes and a stern face. She was wearing square spectacles which she stared on top of at them. 

"Um, Miss-" Bloom began.

"Professor, my dear. Professor McGonagall. Is there something that you need?" She looked at them one by one. Diva was looking fashionable, as usual, Bloom was confident, and was obviously the leader, and Umbra's eyes were wide open in shock and his jaws were slack.

"Minnie?!" Umbra spoke up.

"Excuse me young man, but nobody calls me Minnie, not anymore," She looked wistful. Umbra just shook his head and spoke again.

"Minnie? It's me, Hadrien, we were always together with Flitwick from Ravenclaw and Jess from Hufflepuff remember?" He took out a green scarf with a snake logo. Now it was McGonagall's turn to look stupefied.

"Hadrien? You went missing after graduation! Whatever happened to you, my friend?" McGonagall stood up and hugged Umbra. They stayed like that for a few minutes, letting the familiarity take them to a time long gone.

"Actually," Umbra said, when they parted, "we're here for something." 

They explained everything, from the time that Umbra got recruited until now that they needed the materials for the spell and the help of the heroes. She was a good listener, and her face didn't change throughout the whole explanation. When they finished, she spoke up.

"So you'll need the wand for this  to call heroes to arms?" She asked.

"Yes. I know that it would be too much to ask of you-" Umbra said, but McGonagall cut him.

"I'll give you the wand. And if ever a portal or whatever comes calling for our help, the wizards will be there."

"Thank you, you don't know how much this means to us," Bloom said.

Once they got the wand, Bloom opened the portal to their dimension.

"Will you be back, Hadrien?" McGonagall asked, looking Umbra in the eyes.

"Someday, if you let me."

"Of course I'll let you! Although I might be too old then," She told him.

They hugged each other, and when they parted, Umbra stepped through the portal and gone on home.