Chapter 27

"What have you come here for, dear?" The Ancient One asked. She was lightly built, short but not too much. Her silver hair and wrinkles showed signs of her age. She looked like someone whom Umbra would have called Nan.

"You, Peace. I'm sorry, but we need your head." Shifter said. They didn't know what to make of the situation when Peace suddenly burst into laughter.

"I knew it was something like this. When I first saw you, when I was told to care for you, I already knew that someday, I would die by your hands. I would let you do it without complaining if not for the teeny little thing that you know very well," Peace laughed again.

"The Shadow. The on that I put on you as a kid, making you end up here," the commander replied.

"Yes," Peace said, her voice suddenly trembling with a growl. She reared her head back, a black shadow suddenly engulfing her body. It slowly dissipated and revealed a figure with large, oryx's horns and completely red skin. She had a forked tail and claws on both hands. She looked at us with piercing red eyes and growled.

"Sir, what is this? Are we supposed to fight it?" Carrion asked.

"No. I made this. This is my fight," Shifter said. "As a kid, I used to play pranks on everyone, especially Peace, my nanny. I found a small shadow of something I do not know near Chaos' palace and I put it in a small jar, thinking of scaring her. It engulfed her and gave her this form. 

He held both hands out and a sword appeared in one and a field appeared around Peace, effectively blocking her movement. 

"She wrecked the palace, destroyed the city, and killed millions. She would have destroyed other planets if Chaos hadn't stopped her and put her here." Peace, or what used to be Peace, roared and slammed her tail on the field, shattering it. The commander held his hand out again and another sword appeared in his hand. He clicked the sword together and a black force field covered him and Peace. 

The Alpha Team tried to break through, even trying to at least see through the field, but to no avail. What they didn't know was that inside, a powerful battle was occurring. Peace would swipe left and right, even using her tail and horns to attack. Shifter would block each one, making her mad. She flicked her hand and Shifter flew backward, hitting his force field. 

She charged him, bringing both of her claws forward and her horn down to gore him. The commander raised both swords in an x and a small shield appeared in front. Peace's horns glanced off of the shield and Shifter had to dodge her claws. 

He snapped his fingers and swords appeared out of nowhere, flying towards her at incredible speeds. She dodged them all with an agility that could only be from someone powerful. The Ancient One reached her hand out and a whip made of purple fire appeared in her hand. She cracked it, sending purple fire burning around her. She cracked it again at him, and the commander barely dived out of the way. He fell on the floor, but as he touched the ground he split into five, making copies of himself. 

All copies of Shifter ran around the beastly form of Peace very fast, barely blurs. She turned left and right, cracked her whip, but hit nothing but air. As they ran, they would randomly hit her, throwing a punch or grazing her with a sword. She roared angrily, and a blast of power sent all Shifters sprawling, and the copies disappeared until there was only one left, standing on one knee.

"This is the end, dear. I will have to say that I am sorry to do this," Peace said, her red eyes fiery at the sight of the wounded commander.

"I'm sorry too, Nana," Shifter said, suddenly showing his primordial form, and holding out a hand to her. His form was shifting, golden light surrounding him. His primordial form was unstable, ever-changing. It wouldn't settle into one form, but you could tell that he had a hand out to reach towards her. His form exploded, disintegrating everything in the black field. 

The warriors who were lazily waiting outside were surprised when they felt a powerful vibration coming from inside the field. They stared at it until they saw the golden light seeming to seep through cracks that suddenly appeared on the field and that were widening. They looked away, knowing that it only meant one thing. This power and light can only come from the commander showing his true form. bloom, who was the longest member of the Alpha Team, knew that the commander only showed his true form in the direst circumstances, as it kills everyone near it. 

When they looked back at the field, it was gone, replaced by a gigantic crater with the commander in the middle, looking unharmed, holding the head of Peace by the hair.

"To the victor belongs the spoils," He said, turning to them. "Let us go. We will have to leave sooner. That kind of explosion would attract a lot of attention." And so they walked, back to the fortress.

A/N: Dun dun dunnnnn It's the next chapter! I'm sorry for the changing names and titles when I write lol. Sometimes using one name just feels wrong so I use the other. Also, I suck at writing battle scenes. It's pretty obvious. 

Infinity War came out today and I got spoiled by 9gag so screw them.

Thank you for reading!

Don't forget to Comment, Vote and Follow!

Edit: I forgot to put the chapter lol. I fixed it now