Stockholm: The true Story (Preview)

Despite what I say in the title, this is a work of fiction loosely based on the original case of Stockholm Syndrome, the Siege of Norrmalmstorg. It is also in English since I do not know any Swedish.

"John, man. Are you sure we're supposed to do this?" someone in an orange jumpsuit said as they were walking a narrow corridor.

"We have to, Clark. Or at least, I have to. I can't stand it in here. My destiny is to go out there. Get rich!" John said, another man in an orange jumpsuit.

"I don't really know, John" Clark mumbled, mostly to himself.

"If you're not doing this, then it's okay. Just make sure that you won't rat me out," Jan told Clark.

They were already in front of a high wall with barbed wire on top. There were spotlights occasionally sweeping the areas, but it never reached the spot they were at. There were also guards roaming around, but the duo made sure to keep quiet and avoid getting caught.

 "Okay, I'll start climbing. Watch my back. If you're gonna come now's your time before we get caught. If not, well, just watch my back," John said, starting to scale the wall using the footholds and handholds they'd been secretly working on ever since John came up with the idea of escaping from jail.

He was already halfway through when Clark wrung out his hands and just grumbled out, "Alright, I'm coming with you,"

John suppressed a smile as he continued climbing. Once he was at the top, John took out the extra jumpsuit he carried with him and draped it over the barbed wire, allowing him to clamber over it. He looked back to see Clark almost at the top when they heard someone yelling "Hey!". 

They were discovered, John was sure of that. Soon all the spotlights will point to their direction and the roaming guards will soon be onto them. He cursed. If he went back to help Clark, they will both be captured and locked up again. It had taken John months before he was deemed "good" enough to be let out to stroll along the prison. He won't be captured now. Clark has to get out of that alone. 

John clambered down the other side of the wall, trying his best to ignore Clark's pleas for help as he was brought down and cuffed by the guards again. He jumped the few feet left and started running. Away from the prison. Away from anywhere. He will follow his destiny and become rich, no matter the cost. 

A/N: hehe, so this is like, a prologue or something. It will be the first part of the story (if ever you guys think that it's good enough. Thanks!