Chapter 16

The last to go through the portal were Forge and Seer. Before they went in, Seer looked into the possible future to see what would be the outcome of their mission, and maybe where to find the Brightsteel. She saw a forest, larger than she has ever seen. Inside the forest were what she assumed were the elves, and she saw the two of them hiding behind a tree before elves bore on them.

Seeing no possible way to avoid that as of yet, she took Forge's hand and walked through the portal. They were deposited in front of the huge forest she saw. Everything seemed sharper once they walked into the forest. The sound of nature was louder, sharper. You can practically hear every single organism that was in the forest, minding its own business. Or at least, that was how it came to Seer. Heightened senses, adding to the forest's natural effects, led her to believe that she was going crazy.

Little did she know, Forge was thinking the same thing. They could both hear the sound of the rustling leaves, the rush of water as it flows down a stream. There was the chirping of birds, the nip-nip-nipping sound of a squirrel carrying a nut up a tree. The sounds were buzzing, full of life. Forge tried to remember why they were there in the first place, and Seer beat him to it.

"Forge, come on, I know you can sense and work with metals. Brightsteel is a kind of metal from a meteorite that fell and buried itself. Search for it below the earth." Seer instructed, shaking Forge from his trance. 

"Oh, alright. Let me try," he said, extending his hand to the direction of the earth and closing his eyes. "It's there, alright. But it's faint, deep in the forest. Maybe a day's walk from here?" 

"Let's just start walking," Seer said.

The two of them walked silently since there was nothing to talk about. Before dusk, they set up camp in the middle of the woods and summoned fire to make a campfire. They were just starting to eat the rations that they brought with them when they heard the singing.

It was nothing like they ever heard before. They were wildly compelled to dance, and they did. Losing track of time and dancing and singing with the elves, sometimes eating whatever the elves gave them. Then a voice entered both of their minds.

"Forge, Seer, break out of it. You have a mission. Let go of the song's hold" it said before promptly disappearing.

Their minds cleared instantly, and they saw each other, messed up, dirtied, covered in stains and dirt, with wild eyes. Forge immediately shifted to another form, cleaning himself, and Seer followed suit. Then seer saw something they weren't expecting. Once they reached the campsite, everything was trashed. Not only that, but according to the magical clock that Seer brought, it had been two days. Two days!

"Oh, come on. Now we need to rush this or we'll be late." Forge said, snapping his fingers and collapsing the whole campsite into a pocket-sized bag. 

"Let's go," Seer ordered.

They didn't waste any time after that. they ran all the way until they found a town, and Forge said that he could feel the Brightsteel under a tree. Elves were up and about, staring at the pair of them. Soon enough, an elf told them to follow him. 

"I am Blodgharm. The Queen has heard of two unidentified humans frolicking in the forest of Du Weldenvarden, and requested their presence." he was quiet after that.

They were taken to a clearing and heard the beating of large wings. A large green dragon landed, with an elf woman on its back. The elves all bowed, then rose up again, continuing whatever they were doing. Forge and Seer were surprised but didn't show it. The elf leaped from the dragon's back and landed gracefully.

"Good morning, to the two of you. I am Arya Drottning, Queen of all you see here. Tell me your business before Firnen here toasts you all." She said nonchalantly.

"We're sorry to be rude, but we came here for the Brightsteel." Forge bowed.

"We don't have any Brightsteel anymore. Who are you? Only a few people know it, and I am sure I never saw you before."

" We... came from a different place, my Lady. Over the ocean." Seer said, not knowing where those words came from.

"From over the sea, you say? Were you by chance sent by Eragon?" Arya asked.

"We don't know of any Eragon, my Lady, we are just travelers who need the Brightsteel in order to help our land," Seer answered.

"As I've already told you, we don't have any more Brightsteel. The last ones were used by Eragon to forge his sword years ago," 

"You have, my lady. It's right below this tree," Forge pointed.

"I told you, we don't have any Brightsteel left. And are you saying that there are more under the roots of the Menoa? She herself told me that there is nothing left." Arya told them.

"No, I sense it there," Forge insisted.

"We don't have any-" Arya was about to say more when Forge extended his hands to the earth again, and this time, the earth shook. 

"Stop whatever you are doing! You are damaging the tree and the forest!" Arya went to stop Forge, but the seer blocked her. 

"Let me pass! Jierda!" Arya looked as if she was expecting something to happen, but nothing did. The other elves started noticing the commotion and tried to go to the defense of their queen when the earth erupted, and a bright silver metal flew out of it, hitting the tree and breaking a part of it, with collective gasps and shouts from the elves. They started to go fight Seer and Forge, but before they did, Forge dropped one of his inventions: a smoke bomb that shuts off all the senses of those who inhaled it. The members of the Alpha team were immune to it, and it was an effective way of escape.

They ran to the forest, some elves just on their tails. They hid behind a tree before opening the portal and jumping through, closing it behind them. 

A/N: NEw update! Did you like it? Thak you for those 200+ reads! Anyways, Vote and comment if you liked it!