Chapter 29

WARNING! SOMETHING ABOUT INFINITY WAR APPEARS HERE! (I USED THE CANON DEATH) SO IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE IT, I'LL PUT ASTERISKS AND A SPACE AND JUST SKIP UNTIL ANOTHER SET APPEARS (MEANING SPOILER DONE)

"Father," Chaos said.

"Chaos" Void replied.  There was a solemn moment between them when a loud pinging sound could be heard.

"Uh, I'll have to take this. Sorry, wait for a second," Shifter said. The pinging alarm was coming from the clasp of his cloak. "This means trouble in another dimension. Major trouble. No mission needed, I'll be gone a sec." 

The Alpha Team knew what that pinging sound was. It means most of the population of a universe in another dimension is in danger. Immediate action is needed, and usually of the most powerful kind. The Commander deals with them personally.

*************************************************************************

Meanwhile, the Commander was in a sticky situation. Not really sticky in a way, but he arrived in the dimension just in time. It was in one of the universes that he keeps on watching because of dangers that usually arose from there. There were people attacking a purple man. He immediately recognized the scene. They were the Avengers, and they were the heroes of this earth. The man was Thanos and doing a quick read of everyone's mind, he had already completed something called the Infinity Gauntlet and a snap of his fingers would kill half the population, which the Avengers were trying to prevent. Too late. He snapped his fingers.

The first of them started to disintegrate. A man, possibly the Black Panther. Shifter snapped his fingers as The Black Panther was halfway gone, and he reformed. The Avengers and Thanos were shocked. Only then did they seem to notice him. 

"Who- What are you?!" Thanos questioned Shifter. 

"Just somebody who wants to help," Shifter replied. Thanos snapped his fingers again, but the gauntlet was mangled and cracked, and nothing happened. Shifter staggered, and a woman, the Scarlet Witch, held him up with her mind. Thor immediately raised Stormbreaker and cut off Thanos' head. Only then did everyone relax. The heroes slumped back, and Thor went up to Wanda who was helping Shifter stand up. 

"Thank you, Sir! You seem pretty powerful. Why haven't you come here sooner?" Thor said.

"I-I okay wait," Shifter began, then he took something from his pocket and drank it, and he seemed to recover quickly. "That's better. Hello, I'm Shifter, and I protect the different universes."

"Shifter? What a ridiculous name!" Rocket laughed and seeing that nobody else did, quickly stopped himself. 

"Thank you for saving us then, Shifter!" Thor cheerily clapped him on the back.

"Just doing my job. Nobody else died, did they? I will have to go, then. The whole multiverse is at stake. Someone more powerful than that guy is trying to destroy it," Shifter said, opening a portal.

"Wait!" Wanda called out. She was holding someone's body afloat with her mind. Vision. Tears were streaming down her face as she brought the body in front of Shifter. "Please, bring him back." 

Shifter analyzed the situation. They do not immediately need him back home, and so he decided to stay for a bit. He looked at each of the heroes' faces. They were tired, weary, and expecting him to do something.

"I'm no Jesus since he is from another pantheon, but I will," he said, putting his hands in front of him. A light too bright to look at flowed from his hands, and when they looked back, Vision- the human Vision- was standing in front of them. He looked confused, but he was immediately tackled by The Scarlet Witch and his expression softened.

"Wanda," he said. Wanda looked at him one more time before crying and thanking Shifter vehemently. 

Shifter nodded his welcome snapped his fingers, Iron Man and the others suddenly appearing by the heroes' sides. He waited a little and saw Peter and Thor also looking at him. He searched their minds quickly and snapped his fingers. A very confused Loki and Heimdall appeared by Thor's side. Thor could be heard yelling "brother!" before tackling Loki in a huge hug. As for Peter, he was still looking at the Commander. 

"I can't bring back someone who is not dead yet, Peter," he said. 

"What do you mean?" Star-Lord asked. Shifter pointed to the gauntlet still on Thanos' arm. The stones were still intact. 

"The soul stone needed a soul to be taken, and the soul is inside. Make of that what you will, as I know your capable hands will know what to do. I will have to go now" He said. Captain America stopped him.

"How can we thank you properly?" He asked. Shifter turned to look at him. 

"Sometime in the near future, I'll call you. We will need you in the battle against a really powerful being. A portal will appear in front of you, and you have to take your team there. You can help us defeat him. You can help us defeat End." Maybe it was just their imagination, but a ripple of fear spread through the heroes as Shiter said the name. He waved one last goodbye to them before stepping through the portal and disappearing.

***********************************************************************************

The commander appeared back at the throne room but there was something amiss. Te throne room was too quiet, and he realized why. There was nobody there. He turned around, but there really was nobody there. He thought that maybe they just went out for a while but he knew that his team wouldn't leave him without his orders. 

"Looking for something, Commander?" A voice cut the silence in the grand throne room. It was Seer, appearing from behind one of the thrones. Shifter doesn't know how he didn't sense her.

"Where is everyone, Seer?" Shifter asked. Seer just stared at him and laughed.

"Oh, this is great. Just GREAT!" She laughed again then clapped one time. Everyone appeared, bound and gagged. The Alpha team was tied with their backs to each other while Void and Chaos were bound in Chaos steel and sitting on the thrones. "They've been here the whole time! Your face is hilarious, Commander!" The way she said commander was more of a sarcastic insult than a sign of respect.

"Why? Why would you betray us? Why are you doing this?" Sifter asked her, stepping forward.

"You won't ask how I did this? Who I'm working for? Oh, yes. That's obvious," She began "Simple. You saved me when I didn't want to be saved. These visions of mine, they were just too powerful, too dark. I have always wanted to die, Commander. Especially since all of my race died. I should have died with them!"

"Your race was dying. If I didn't let them die then they would have died in the near future. As for you, seeing you broken, trying to hurl yourself off that cliff, Mystiam, I thought I could save you. I thought maybe I could help you." The commander replied. Seer sucked in a breath when she heard her real name.

"How long have you been working with him?" Shifter asked.

"Long enough. He gave me abilities that can counter yours. Powers tht you can never imagine!" Seer- Mystiam shrieked.

"That's where you're wrong, Seer. Your visions are becoming faulty. Or are they disappearing?" Shifter smiled. "End's power gives and takes too much. You could have seen what the outcome of this battle will be, Seer."

"What do you mean?"

"This" Sifter's swords appeared in his hands. He charged.

A/N: So I decided to integrate the Infinity War thing. Is it good? I just thought of it while seeing more spoilers and being reminded of who died, so I deided to do this. Also, who could've predicted this will happen? I've been planning this for a long time but I didn't know how to put it in lol. 

Thank you for reading!

Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow!

Edit: I found a teeny tiny Extreme Flaw in the chapter and edited it lol