Chapter 25

The castle was large and looming, giving Umbra a sense of dread and loneliness. However, there was an uneasy feeling in the pit of his stomach that he could only identify as someone knowing they were there. The castle had a moat that was filled with a dark, murky substance that didn't have any odor. 

As soon as they were in front of its large doors, as close as they could, at least, since there was still a moat, a drawbridge appeared out of nowhere and lowered itself across it. They looked at it warily but didn't hesitate as Shifter led them across. 

"Are you sure he's here?" Bloom voiced out the question in everyone's mind.

"I'm not. But one thing I know is this. My grandfather loves castles, and this is the only castle we've seen around here. It might be his," The commander answered. Together, they entered the castle, but the subtle feeling of dread and loneliness just increased the farther the went in. Angel was itching to speak; the silence was killing her, but she knew not to create any noise, especially on unidentified territory like this. 

They walked through endless corridors and passageways, occasionally passing a portrait of people, and Shifter confirmed that those were portraits of End, Void, Chaos, and the primordials. 

"We must be on the right track," Angel thought, "If there are portraits like that here, then this must be Void's castle"

"Or we could be heading to a trap, you know," A voice butted in Angel's mental conversation. 

"Diva! Don't do that! I thought I was going crazy!" Angel thought.

"Sorry, your thoughts are just really loud. I bet if the others tuned in, they would hear you too and join in." Diva replied.

"Join in where?"  Seer's voice could be heard in their mental conversation.

"Ah, here it is," Diva thought while Angel internally groaned. "We were talking about how loud her thoughts were that for sure someone else was bound to hear them,"

"Oh, yeah, they were loud. There was this buzzing sensation in my head and I knew immediately that there was someone thinking really hard," Seer said.

"It's just that we're not supposed to make any noise and I  really can't stand it so I just thought to myself," Angel thought, "Wait, I think we're almost there," 

They shut off their mental connections and hurried to fix their formation as Shifter stopped in front of a large door.

"I can feel power here. An ancient power. If you try, you would feel it too," He said. He was right. They were hit by a sense of ancient power. Very powerful, more powerful than they could even feel from Shifter.

"It's really him, isn't it?" Sierra said, taking Matthias' hand. 

"Yes," Shifter replied. 

"We'll need to convince him. We're doomed in battle without his interference," Seer said solemnly. Shifter nodded. They filed behind him as he opened the large doors and walked in.

"Shifter," a loud booming voice reverberated in the room. 

Shifter immediately kneeled. The Alpha Team followed suit. "Grandfather," Shifter said.

"Rise, grandson. Come here. You know how I always tell you not to pay that kind of reverence to me? We're family! Come here!" Void said. Shifter stood up and walked to him. The others stood but didn't dare move.

"Who are these? Is this the team that you told me you would build?" Void asked. Now that the attention wasn't really on them, they had the chance to observe the surroundings. They were in a vast throne room, and you could see from its ornate gold design that it was built for powerful people. Void himself was sitting on a throne of gold, except that it wasn't gold. It was black. 

Void looked like the average grandfather if you were to negate the powerful presence he emitted or the way he seemed to know everything. He had gray hair and a kind face, a beard long enough to rest on his chest, and muscles that no old man could possibly have.

"Yes, grandfather," Shifter replied. "And we are here to ask for your help. End is out to destroy everything in creation,"

"I can't," Void said.

A/N: Wooo! So, what do you think is the reason why Void can't help them? 

Thank you for reading! Vote and comment if you liked it!