Chapter 11

There was something that Bloom didn't tell any of the others. She concealed this even from Diva and Umbra. A mission. From the commander himself. But she has to do this later. She was told to bring back the body of the clown because it is one of the materials needed for a spell that they may have to do. But this spell she hopes they wouldn't cast. It only means that there is something bad, something worse than they have ever encountered, coming. And they'll need help.

She kept this to herself while they chased after the clown in the sewers. They had broken camp at the crack of dawn and prepared for the chase. Carrion led them, smelling through the muck to actually catch his scent. Forge was watching his gadget, in case we were too far or he moved. He did not install a map of the sewers, seeing as it was their first time, but this turned out to be what they needed. The sewers were full of twists and turns and he has to constantly look if they were still going the right direction.

"Lumos Maxima!" Umbra yelled, casting a spell that brightened the corridor. "Are we still going the right way?" He asked

"Well, yes. Technically, we should be on to him at the next turn." Forge replied. "a few meters ahead, anyway. But with the sewers like this, I don't know how much longer."

"It's so damp and smelly and icky here. I just want to get this over with and go home." Angel commented.

"Use your powers. Don't you have like, cleaning abilities or something?" Bloom asked Angel.

"Well, yeah, but I want to go full force on this guy. He's so annoying, living here in the sewers." She answered.

"Don't go taking the newbie's first assignment Ange-" Umbra started to say, but Angel smacked him.

"Don't call me Ange. And I'm not taking his first assignment. If you want me to use my abilities, so be it." She touched her hand on the murky smelly water that was a few inches deep, and from her hand, you could see that the water cleared. It started to spread from the tip of her fingers. Soon enough, the water in the whole corridor was crystal clear.

"I can't do anything with the smell though. You guys take care of that" 

Sierra raised her hand and the wind picked up. The air also cleared a few seconds later. They were about to go and rest in the cleared area when Seer spoke up.

"Aren't you guys thinking?" 

"Thinking what-" Matthias asked

"Well, if this clown turns into what we are afraid of, maybe it's being lost here in the sewers." 

"What? But we're not- at least I am not scared of being stuck in a sewer." Umbra said.

"Let's try something then," Seer put her hand on the walls of the corridor and muttered a spell under her breath. The corridor started bleeding, black ooze coming from every corner.

"What are you doing?!" Umbra yelled and made to push her but stopped when out of the walls the clown appeared.

"Gotcha. There, go after him!" Seer encouraged.

Carrion was the first to react and made to the clown, who was bleeding black ooze. He transformed mid-step and bit the clown's neck, who howled.

"Hey! let me go! let me go! I just wanted to eat!" It screeched.

Carrion's grip on him was true, and he didn't budge.

"What do you want from me? I just woke up to eat!" It screeched again.

"We're here to end you. And to get your body." Bloom added the last one as an afterthought.

They all moved swiftly, taking out their weapons and pointing them at him. They didn't need to do anything though, as Carrion bit harder and It's head came off, rolling to Bloom and filling the clear water with black ooze.

"I just cleaned this! Ew!" Angel stepped away from the muck.

"Let's go, mission complete." bloom said, taking out a body bag and a white sheet.

"What are you doing with those?" Seer asked. "I saw those in my vision, we were carrying someone in a white sheet."

"Commander's orders. We have to take his body back, it's a material for a spell." Bloom said.

"Then why are you just telling us this now? Why not, like, a few hours ago or whatever? What spell?" Sierra asked

"It's- Alright, I'll tell you. It's not confidential information anyway. The commander wanted to make sure that we'll complete the job first, while he went on his errand. He didn't want to bother you guys with worrying why we need the spell."

"What spell is this? You know, wizard here." Umbra wiggled his wand

"The spell to call all heroes to arms," Bloom said.

"Spell to call heroes to arms? But aren't we already here? Why would we need help?" Angel asked.

"I don't know, and that's what's worrying me. What do we have to face that we need help? And help from where? He didn't explain the details of the spell itself, just that it calls help from other heroes." Bloom leaned on the wall. Seer gasped.

"It was my vision, wasn't it? He went to check the cage, and sent us out to get the materials." Seer thought out loud.

"What vision? Is this the one you had at Twilight?" Umbra nudged her, and Carrion's ears perked up. There's not much he can do, as he is still in wolf form.

"Yes. He told me not to disclose information unless necessary." 

"Isn't this a necessary enough situation for you? What's the vision?" Umbra grilled her again.

"The end. The brother of Chaos, End, has awakened, and is almost out of his cage. The Commander will be checking on him." Seer replied.

"End? As in the brother of Chaos who went on a rampage which took Chaos and all the Primordials, including the Commander to subdue? End, the one they imprisoned even before the Commander formed our group? That End?" Angel asked Seer, her eyes wide. Seer could only nod.

A/N: Yaaaaay! New chapter! On time!

And on a side note: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAYLOR SWIFT! TO THE SWIFTIES OUT THERE, GREET HER! (I don't know if the picture appeared)