Chapter 5: Bed Sharing, Old Texts

Start from the beginning

"I insist, Gavin. You are the guest afterall." he paused, "I will be awake for 90% of the night, so you can come and see me if you require anything. The remaining 10% I will be in sleep-mode, restoring as much power as possible."

He was sometimes weirded out by Connor's 'android abilities'. But he still loved him nonetheless.

"Connor..." Gavin was about to tell him that he would really like it if he kept him company. He just nodded, "Okay. I will let you know if I need anythin'."

Connor smiled as Gavin pulled him into a hug, "Goodnight, Gavin."

"Goodnight, dipshit." Gavin joked, his lips pressed softly against the android's neck. He let out another sigh before he mumbled against Connor's neck, "I love you, asshole."

Okay... Connor felt like he couldn't breathe, and he didn't even need to! He loved affectionate Gavin so much, it almost hurt.

"I... I love you too, Gavin." Connor said, pouring out his mechanical heart. His arms tightened around the Detective, not wanting to let go.

Somewhere deep down, Gavin knew that Connor didn't want to let go. He knew that Connor could just stay like this with him for hours if it was possible.

Gavin smirked as he placed another kiss on the android's neck, teeth grazing. He felt the shiver run up Connor's back. Gavin then put his hands slightly under Connor's shirt to rest them on his bare hips. His mouth seeking Connor's soon after.

Connor was actually the one who tried to push things further, his tongue brushing against Gavin's lip, seeking entrance.

The loud bark coming from Sumo caused the pair to pull away. Sumo growled up at them.

"Hungry." Connor sussed, "Got it."

Gavin smiled at him, his hand coming up to rest on Connor's cheek, "Take it easy." he said, referring to Connor's nose which was still slightly crooked.

Connor nodded.

-x-

Gavin had headed into Connor's room, breathless.

Connor had fed Sumo before he made his way to the couch and flopped onto his back, his hands coming up to cover his face as he was buried into the duvet.

He felt like he was going crazy.

The idea of Gavin just 'using him' was still lurking at the back of his memory banks. He didn't want to believe that theory but he sure as hell couldn't rule it out.

Perhaps all of this affection was just a way to get at him? A way to make the android obedient once again, forcing him to do things for the Detective.

Connor rolled over to bury his face into the pillow before deciding against it as a shock of pain ran through his nose. He turned back over focus on the ceiling.

He tried to calm himself as he listened to the soft snores of Sumo who was sleeping not too far away from him.

No.

No way Gavin was like that.

A few months ago the story would have been different but now... Gavin had changed for the better. Even if he didn't particularly like to show his soft side at work.

His LED flashed yellow as he tried to process what was happening to his systems. To his body. Gavin had such a strange effect on him, Connor couldn't even place it.

He wanted to go into his room and lie with Gavin, conquer the fear of rejection because he knew Gavin wouldn't say no. But his nerves still got the better of him.