24 : The In-between

Raeanne

It can't be true. It just couldn't. Yet everytime I closed my eyes I saw it all again and again. I felt the cold temperature and smelt the salt of the blood of the man I believed to be, the Varn. The man who was really him. The man who was really my boyfriend. I'd loved him, I really had and suddenly there's Jayden and all I can think is that, he knew. He was a part of it. I tried not to close my eyes.

Should I trust him? Jayden I mean? He had erased my memories, he had lied to me about everything. I wouldn't cry, I wouldn't. I stood in front of the motels mirror, it was fogged with steam and just starting to fade. The necklace Taylor had given me is what I see and I touch it gently. The little silver dinosaur, with its green eye, our initials now carved in the back. Without thinking I rip off the necklace and drop it in the toilet, flushing it down and trying to forget about him.

I am still dressed in the yoga pants and sweater Kat had got last night, the pants were a little too big and the shirt was orange, not a good mix with my red-hair but I was grateful to be out of that tattered dress. "Rae?" Spencer asked knocking on the door. "We need to get moving." By her words I gathered my damp hair into a pony tail and opened the door with a smile. "Let's get moving, we've already been here for too long." I said and slung a back-pack over my shoulder and leaving the room and everyone in it to follow.

It was dark out, and that means they would be coming soon, if they hadn't already started. I looked east, where we were supposed to be heading and turned south before starting to jog lightly. Soon I had three others surrounding me, protecting me and I surged foreward. I didn't need to be protected, I needed to have friends and my friends, only one of the three I could even call my friend were subconciously crowding me. I couldn't stand it so I pushed myself harder, running as fast as I could until the sun began to break the horizon, and I know I didn't have to run anymore. At least not for a few more hours.

Jayden

When the sun came up we found a place to stay. It was an abondoned house in the country side. There was no running water and the windows were boarded up. The whole building smelt stale and like rotting wood. Evidence of animals could be found in almost every room. The good thing about it was the spring, which was crystal clear. I immediately took off my clothes, aside from my boxers and jumped in. The water felt cool on my heated skin and brought my temperature down. The sun was beating hot, and strong down upon my naked shoulders as I stood in the water and watched the trees sway in the distance. I was exhausted and needed rest before tonight, but my mind wouldn't turn off. I couldn't stop thinking about her.

About Rae.

Raeanne

I couldn't sleep, so I wandered through the house. There were two stories and soon I had every detail memorized. there was a stain on the carpet in one of the bedrooms, and there was only one cupboard that actually had a door left. Every surface was coated with a thick layer of dust, and smelled stale. No one had lived here in a long time.

All throughout the day, I couldn't sleep, and I knew I should get some, but I couldn't. Out the window I could see Jayden in the pond, floatly lightly with closed eyes. Blood pounded in my ears, could I trust him? Thinking back on everything about him. He was cold to me when we met, like he knew he was better than me. He started dating me, for what reason? Was it because he was ordered to get close to me by, by Taylor? Or was it because he really wanted to get to know me?