Prologue

"Don't do this to me Natalia, please I begged. I can't lose my only sister."

My throat grew tighter as I watched my sister gasp for air. I gripped her hand for support.

My sister Natalia laid bleeding to death to a gun shot wound in her stomach.

"Carmen" she choked out.

"Yes I'm here" I said clinch her hand tighter as tears ran down my face.

"Be strong for me I, I need you to finish college find a rich guy to marry and be happy" she smiled as tears form in her eyes.

"I will I promise, but your going to be right there with me I can't do this with out you" I sobbed.

"You,you have to" she said.

"Talia I can't lose you please don't leave me"I sobbed even harder "where's the fucking ambulance."

She shook her head to silence me. " I stole your red bottoms you loved so much. I meant to give them back but I for (she pause taking a breath) got" she said.

I laughed " I don't care keep them when you make it through this you can have them n I'll buy you a nice outfit to go with it."

" I hear the ambulance now" I said looking up "there coming hang in there."

" I love you Carmen."

"Tell me later" I said rocking her " you're going be fine. You have to" I begged as she went limp in my arms.

"Excuse me miss you have to move" the paramedic said.

"Save her"I said kissing her forehead before getting up.

"She's crashing" he shouted he attached the defibrillator to her chest. "Clear" he yelled.

"Please Natalia don't leave me" I cried with snot coming out my nose and tears running down my face. "God please don't take my sister."

"Clear."

"Natalia I love you."

"Clear"..

Beeeeeeep.

"Noooooo" I cried falling on to her. In that instant I felt apart of my soul being ripped from my body. All the air in my lungs vanished as I sunk to the ground next to my now dead sister.

"Come on sweetie "the other medic said.

"Let me go" I sobbed my sister needs me.

"She's gone. I'm sorry there's nothing else we can do."

My heart broke into a million pieces like glass shattering across the floor.

"She's not gone" I said wiping the blood that got on her face from my shirt. "She's going to wake up I know it" I said determined.

I began to wipe the blood off her face and rocking her back and forth. "She's just taking a nap give her a minute she'll wake up."

The paramedic looked at me uncomfortably "miss" he started.

"No" I shouted with force " she's sleep she wouldn't leave me ok my sister would never leave me, especially not this soon" I said.

"Miss please" the medic said grabbing me off her.

"No please let me go my sister isn't dead" I cried. "We have our lives planned out she wouldn't leave me" I shouted again.

"Miss, I'm Detective Reynolds I will be the officer handling this case I need you tell me what happened."