25. Happiness

Nathan White

I was holding my daughter in both of my hands. We walked home after I parked my car.

"Why do we get home? why don't we get an ice cream before going home?" Alya shakes my hand.

"Your mom tell me, just to pick both of you and go straight back home."

"mmmm" She mumbling and look down seems sad. I just standing and push the bell, the door swing opened and Ella was standing there.

"Thank you for pick them up." She smile.

"Yeah.. Thank you for let me."

"You wanna get in?"

"Umm-" then Anna pull my hands to come in.

"I think Anna want you to come in." She said and closed the door.

"Mommmmm why uncle Nath can't take us to have an ice cream after school?" Alya still cranky.

"Honey... mommy gonna take both of you for grocery shopping." I heard Ella said while she was in the kitchen. Anna was come and sit on my lap.

"Do you wanna come with us?" I furrow my eyebrows questioning at her.

"Mommmy... can Uncle Nath come with us for grocery shopping? Pleaseee..." I see Anna screaming and ask her.

Ella come closer and gave me a glass of water.

"Thank you" I said and handed the glass.

"Mmm"

"Please mommy" Anna begged.

"Okay.. only if uncle Nath want it too."

Anna look at me. "Pleaseeee" She put her hand in front of her chest and gave me her puppy eyes.

"Okay." I nodded.

_____________________

I never go to the grocery store before.. All I want already serve and available by Jane, why should I do the grocery shopping then. I go with Anna inside the trolley standing and facing me while Ella hold Alya in her arms.

We strolling around rack by rack around the all stuff there and I just like a man who lost because I never ever get here before.

"You looks like never go for grocery shopping" Anna said.

"Mrs. Sulivan always serve anyhting I need in my frigde." I shrug.

"Grocery shopping was really fun.. you can choose anything you want to buy and put it in the trolley."

"Yes.. but I have no idea what should I buy" we still wander around.

"Can I ask you something?" I stop pushing the trolley and look at her.

"Sure.. anything" I put my folded arms on the handed trolley.

"Can I call you... daddy?"

That's the best statement that I ever heard in my life. I couldn't even said any words to describe how happy am I. I could even feel my eyes start watering. I look at her and nodded. She jump and hug me tightly. I gave her so much kiss and hug her..

Yes... I'm your daddy.. my child.. my daughter...

Ariella Grace

I was strolling around and looking for Nathan dan Anna. Alya was sleep on my embrace. Where are they? I just hold Alya tightly and handed two cartons of milk. Then I found them. I walk closer while Nathan was not facing me.

"Can I call you... daddy?" Anna look at him. I stop my self and standing while I see Nathan nodded and they huging so tightly like they will never let go one another. I wipe my tears that I didn't even realized escape from my eyes. This is so beautiful to be true.. I told to my self.

Nathan was right.. Anna and Alya needs daddy in their life. I wish I could just run through them and hug them too.

"Mommy" Anna called me when I just standing here. Nathan turn around and look at me. I could see his eyes was watering.

"Hi baby.. what's you got?" I came closer and put the milk in the cart.

"Nothing.. daddy never go for grocery shopping before and we didn't take anything." Anna said.

Daddy... I see Nathan just smiling widely and looking at Anna, while he looking at me, I just clear my troath and looking around. I don't wanna catched looking at him before.

"Is she sleep?" Nathan asked.

"Oh.. yeah.. she's fast asleep." I smile.

"Let me hold her." He said and take Alya on his arms.

I hold the trolley while he just walking beside me.

"Mommy can we have fruits for Alya?" Anna ask.

"Yes.. come on we're going to fruits racks."

I took some banana, apple and grapes. I left the trolley with them to get some orange in other side of the counter.

When I was come and walk closer to them, I smile looking at them.

Anna was in the trolley and hold banana as her gun, and surprisingly Nathan hold banana as they're in the war battle even he keep holding sleep Alya in his embrace. I hold my mouth so I will not laughing so loud. I came closer and put my hands on my waist and clear my troath.

"Who's dare to take the banana from my trolley?"

They seems still like a statue and put the banana hurried back to the trolley. I could see Anna closed her mouth and start giggles, while Nathan just look around and hold back his smile.

"Ba...naa..na" I see Alya seems wake up and wipe her eyes.

"Hey princess.. already wake up?" Nathan Caress her sleepy head on his shoulder.

"Can I take them for some ice cream?" He look at me.

"Alright.. " I nodded.

"What? Ice cream?" Alya suddenly awake and her eyes could tell how excited her.

"Daddy.. I want too.." Anna hands up and sign Nathan to hold her up from trolley. Nathan just hold her on his other arms. They walk away while I just staring they laugh and Nathan hold our daughter in both of his arms.

our daughter? I smile and shakes my head disbelief what I just said seconds ago.

but..

yes.. our daughter Nath..