15. My World

Nathan White

"Hey... what's wrong? Don't cry Anna.." I still hold her in my embrace.

"I made a mistake.. I broke my promise to her.."  She look at me and still sobbing.

"Hey.. That's okay.. sometimes people broke their promise but there always be a reason for that.." I wipe her tears and hug her.

Yeah.. She broke our promise too.. She promised that she will never leave me but she did. Then My phone just ring. I release our hug and walk away from her.

"Cancel all my appointment or any meeting today. Thank you." I hang up and just inform my PA to cancel all my schedule today. I walk closer and facing her.

"We still had 3 hours until your mom come here." I said looking at her. She nodded and still quiet this time.

"What do you want to do?" I asked her.

"I don't know what I have to do" She shakes her head innocently.

"How if we had our secret conversation? Just both of us?"

"About what?"

"About anything? We can get an ice cream or buy toys or teddy bear? Do you want?"

"Yeyyyy! Ice cream!" She said excitedly then I see something circling her neck.

"What is it?"

"What?"

"your necklace?" She take out her necklace and gave it to me. I take the necklace and look at her.

"Is it yours?"

"It belongs to my mom but my mom gave it to me." I look at the necklace. The same one that I give to her for her birthday.

"Mom said

"Mom said.. that's the world.. I'm her world in her universe." Yes.. you're the world in my universe. That's my line. I sighed and smile looking at her. Is it true? I have a weird feeling.. like a bond that I couldn't describe.. Something weird, strange, and faded..

"Did your mom had a boy friend?"

"I don't know but I never see her with another man except Doctor Daniels."

"Who's doctor Daniels?"

"He's my little sister doctor"

"Your little sister?" Yes.. I know this. Maybe Ella already marriage with another man. I should forget her a long time ago. I sighed frustrated.

"Yes, I have one adorable little sister. She is Alya. She's 4 years old and she's beautiful like my mom."

"You said that the doctore is your little sister doctor's. Is that something wrong with her?"

"I don't really know but mom said that she had a bad condition with her heart and her lungs. That's why mom really take a good care of her. Sometimes when her condition was really bad, Alya have to stay at the hospital. Mom always take a good care for us. I just want to meet my daddy. I hope that you're really my dad." She said looking at me.

"What if I'm not your daddy?" I said withour thinking about anything.

"I don't know what to do then." She shrug and looking at me.

For almost seven years, I never meet her directly, and her sister was 5 years old. Alya is not my daughter but what about Anna? The last time I see her when I found the information that she lived in Seattle and when I came to her, she already hold her baby. I believe that she's Anna. But when I want to came and see her, I see a man help her and He should be his husband.

"Why do you want to meet your daddy?"

"Hmmm I want to asked him to come back together with us. I want him to take care of my mom."

What? It's surprise me with her statement.

"Take care of your mom? Why?" I ask curiously.

"I think mom don't have enough time for herself. She always take a good care of me and Alya, even when Alya was sick, she never forget to take care of me too. She also works and sleep lately after take us to bed. When I wake up in the middle of the night sometimes I found she sleeping with her laptop or sometimes I found that she's crying too, and I know that I was one of the reason behind that tears." She sighed.

"Tell me more about that I would like hear that." I open my suit and then hug her while she continue her story.

"One day, my friend at school asking me why In every event at school, there always mom and Alya but they never meet my daddy. And because of that they calls me with GWD."

"GWD?" I repeat the letters.

"Girl Without Daddy... I was so angry at that time and ashamed. When I get home I just crying in my room and mommy coming and hug me. I tell her about what happen before and I ask her and begging her to tell me about my daddy. She said she don't want talk about it and we were fighting at that times. I said that I just want to live with my dad. She's left me in my room. In the middle of the night, I  came to her room, I want to apologize for what I was saying before, But I found her kneeling beside her bed and praying. She prayed for me, for Alya, and for my daddy. From that moment I know something happen with her and my daddy. I come inside and hug her and said that I'm sorry about that. I made my promise that I will never leave her and live with my daddy but I break that promise. I just need to meet my daddy. I want to asked him to come back together with us and stay with us."

I smile and hug her in my arms. "Wanna hear a short story?"

"Yes.." She said.

"One day there is a girl, simple and beautiful. There also one guy who like her but she never ever notice him. He try to pursue her with anything that he could but he never ever catch her attention. Until one day, the destiny seems want them to be together at that times. She meets him in a bad condition, she help him and she realized something different, painful, lonely about his guy. She help him and from that moment, they still together. There also love growth between them. But then one day... She's gone, leaving him without any words, any explanation. Sad but true, the guy still waiting for her to come back. He still have her deep inside her heart." I take a look at her in my embrace. She fell asleep. I hug her and stay still. What should I do for now?