17. DNA test

Nathan White

I know this is insane but I feel Ariella was tense when I ask that question. Stupid mind, why should I ask that question. She has her own family why I supposed hope that I'm her father. I see doctor came out from the room. She asked the doctor about her flight this night. Why must be too hurry to left Los Angeles? I know her too much more than I know myself. I see her get into the room while doctor smile and walk pass by me. This is insane but I need to convince myself. I need to know. I need a proof to make me stop looking her.... again.

"Doctor.." I call him and walking through him.

"Yes.." He look at me waiting me to talk.

"I'm Nathan... I want you to help me.. I need your favor."

"Yes.. Nathan? What can I do for you?"

"I want a DNA Test." I said and looking at him. I was just explaining about our condition, about Anna came and said that I'm her father.

"Please.... I need to know the truth.." I said again while he seems quiet.

"Okay.." After awhile he nodded approve what I asked for.

"Don't tell anyone about this, even my father. I know you're his best friend but please. Just me. Can I count on you?" I said to him.

"Yes, I know.. " He smile and walk away. I sighed and get in the room and see Ariella was there and looking at her daughter.

"You.. already called your husband? That you'll not go back tonight?" She look at me and nodded.

I try to calm my self. Not now Nathan.. but I really want to ask about this. I need to know. Yes.. I need it the most.

"Is it true? That Anna was the reason that you left me?" I see that she looking at me.

"I don't want to talk about this." She said and avoiding my gaze.

I smile sadly. "Yeah.. you don't want to talk about this, but I need an explanation after 7 fucking years I've been waiting." I said calmly. And she keep silent.

"Please Nathan.. not this time.. Please.." She said and still looking at her daughter. I sighed. I can't bear with all of these. I took my suit and came out from the room. I just can't accept the truth that maybe this is the last time, last chance or maybe the last truth that I should facing that she already forget me, forget us. Shit I hate thinking about this!

I drive my car back to my penthouse and stay in there. I hold my phone and quickly made a call.

"Gerrad, I need the information as fast as you could provide. I couldn't waiting for more." 

"Yes sir" I heard he said and hang up the phone. I drink the liquor in one shot. Ariella, Anna.. I need to know everything, even you keep avoiding me, I will not stop till I find out the truth. What should I do when the information tells me not as I wish for..

I was too drunk last night. I wake up and clean up myself then go to the hospital. I already called my personal investigator to provide me any other detail Information about her. I walk to the hospital and get in the room while I see Ariella sit and still in the phone call.

I came closer to Anna and sit beside her bed.

"Are you feeling better." I smile.

"Yes.. but this is so hurt." She showed me her hand that had been injected. I take her hands and give a kiss on it.

"It will be healed soon." I smile.

"Anna.. what should you said to.. ummm... uncle Nathan?" 

Uncle?! I take a look at her.

"Thank you dad- umm uncle.. sorry for make any trouble for you." She said.

"No.. that's okay." I smile, then I see Ariella took her belongings.

"I'm going back home today. Doctor already said that Anna was good. Thank you for take care of my daughter.. and for everything." She said.

"Are you leaving today?" I feel so surprised.

"Yes.." I try to calm my tense.

"I take both of you to the airport." I said and hold Anna in my arms.

"No.. you don't need too.. I already call the cab and it's already waiting ten minutes ago." She said.

"Okay.. I take both of you to the cab." I walk with Anna in my arms.

"Hey.. I will help you to find your daddy." I whisper in her ears.

"Really?" her eyes dilated.

"Yes.. but please take a good care of your mommy and tell me whenever she cried again, alright? I give you my phone number. Whenever you see her with any other guy, you should call me okay?" I said right to her ears and put my name card on her pocket and she nodded excitedly.

"Good girl!" I kiss her cheek and let her stand by her feet.

"What are you talking about?" Ariella said right beside me.

"No.. Nothing. Take care Ella." I said and waved a goodbye to Anna who's already sit inside the cab. Then the cab was gone. I sighed heavily then suddenly the voice caught my attention.

"Nathan.." I see doctor was standing beside me.

"Yes doctor.. do you already did what I said yesterday?"

"Yes, but we need a sample from you too.. please come and let me take a sample." I nodded and let him take my blood in his room.

"How long that I have been waiting about the result?"

"I need to make sure several test to have an accurate data and result. How about three or four days?"

"Okay.. great.. please don't tell anyone about this.. even my father." I remind him again.

"Yes.."

"Thank you doctor." 

Soon only that word came in my mind now.