23. Conversation

Ariella Grace

"Excuse me.." he said and turn around left me. I sighed and fullfil my nerve to talk to him. I struggle to hold back my tears. Not now... not in front of him Ariella!

"What do you want Nath?" I said and see he's turning around and walk closer through me.

"What I want?" he said barely sounds, then he stop right in front of me. I just hold my breath and looking at him.

"I just want an explanation."

"About what?" I try to calm my trembling voice.

"About anything that you should tell me before."

"This is not the right time Nath.."

"So when is the right time Ella? I've been waiting for seven fucking years.." he closed his eyes try to calm his anger. I could feel his tense breath near me.

"Nath.. please understand-"

"Understand what? you're even not giving me any words.."

"You've never know what I've been through.." I said and he chuckled.

"I should said this to you after what happen between us."

"I think you should leave now." I said to him.

"Okay." he nodded and left me. After I see his car was gone. I get down hug my knees.

What should I do? I just know after I get home today, Marie told me that Anna dan Alya with him. How did this happen? Did he know? what if he know about it? I will never let him take Anna from me. Someone touch my shoulder and I see Marie standing there.

I stand and hug her, sobbing on her shoulder.

"I'm sorry Arie... I should ask you first before let he meet your daughters." she said caress my back.

"What should I do now?" she wipe my tears.

"You should tell him everything.. he need to know.. As I told you before.. one day Anna need to know about her father.. how long that you will keep all of these from her Arie?"

"I'm afraid... I don't want he take Anna from me."

"He will not... Don't stay with your mind while you're know nothing about what he want... Just figure it out.. He could never ever seperate bonding between mother and daughter. You should know that.. Even the explanation that you give maybe would not change anything. Arie... the past have been done.. live in this present and future.. Anna needs his love too.. You know you can denied it.. You can't avoiding him forever.. This is for Anna and Alya.." I nodded and hug her. Marie was right. I was to selfish only concern more about my heart but not really thinking about Anna.

"I will meet him tonight and explain these."

"Yes.. that's my best sister!" Marie hug me tightly.

______________

I walk to his penthouse in the middle of Seattle. Marie give me the address. I see the other man just come and greet me.

"Hi Miss Grace.. I'm Darren.. please follow me."

"Thank you." He let me get in the room. There are a big living room in this penthouse. I sit in the couch and looking my watch. It's 8.00 pm now.

"Hi.." There he is walking downstairs with her white T-shirt and sweat pants.

"Hi..." I stand still at my place.

This is for Anna.. yes.. this is for Anna.. I keep remind myself.

"Are you hungry?" he said and go to the bar stool.

"Nath... I came here want to talk with you." He took a glass of orange juice and give it to me.

"Wanna talk while had a dinner?" he said.

"I.. I think I just want to talk.."

"Okay.." he nodded and then walk and sit on the couch in front of me. He silent and still looking at me.

"Let's talk..." he said.

"I- I...I want to said.. what happen between us.. it's already over.. I just want you to know that." I struggle to find words to speak. My heart beats so fast now.

"Over?" He chuckled. He stand and go to the bar stool. I could see he pour a glass of liquor and drink it in one shoot.

"Over for you, not for me." He's looking at me. I just look down my trembling fingers on my laps.

"I never leave... you... you abandon me.. and I think I need an explanation for that... Why did you left me? Why left me without any words?" he's not looking me but still pouring the liquor to his glass.

"I have no reason" I said.

"You lied." he threw the glass till it's broken. I jumped on my seat and holding back my tears.

"You lied about everything... Please....I need an answer... please answer me! tell me the truth.. why? am I not mean so much to you?" I hear he walking through me and bow down facing me.

"I need to do that.. you deserve better than me.." I look up and find his eyes looking through my soul.

He chuckled and handed me the document on my lap.

"What is this?" I open up the document and find any detail information about me, my family and Anna.

"Are you investigated me?" I closed the document. I know he will did this.

"Why are you lying to me?"

"About what?"

"Anna"

"What are you talking about?" I try to find what does he really meant.

"My Daughter." Then I couldn't feel my heart beat. Time seems stop and I knew clearly this time would happen. He know... yes he know that Anna his daughter..My tears escape from my eyes.

"I need to know... I know and understand if you left me but hiding the truth about my daughter.... I'm her father but almost seven fucking years I don't know about it.. How could you do this to me, Ella?" I shakes my head and wipe my tears.

"I-" I stop my self while I see him kneeling in front of me and hug me.

"I don't like see you crying" I drowned my head in his neck and start sobbing. After seven years now I was here crying on his shoulder...