Chapter 33

Shards of glass scattered on the floor, you bent down to pick the biggest and the sharpest one.

Your eyes, dark and tangled with the colour of hatred, staring at the equipment, trying to imagine how your parents had suffered.

How your father must've stressed and pressured, how depressed and crushed he had to be to hang himself. How brave he had to be, to leave his own wife and daughter behind, knowing that the empire he had built would be handed to someone else.

He had a passion for work, loving his company to bits because that was his everything he had been working for, for all these years.

He was a gentle and wise man, a great father. A father who was kind and would teach you morals and lessons.

You thought of how helpless your mother was.

After her own husband's death, not being able to contact her daughter, living alone in a place where she was not fluent in that specific language.

How helpless and lonely she must've been during these times, when you were still indulged into Jimin's sweet lies.

She must've been sad of all the loss she experienced in a snap of a finger, yet knowing that she's unable to do anything.

She must've panicked and felt anxious, uncertain of how her future lies ahead.

You examined the sharp edges of the blade, sinking into the soft flesh of your hand, watching the blood flow, you stopped the shard from going in deeper and put it away.

You were not going to use it to hurt yourself, you were not going to die until you got an answer from Jimin.

You were going to be different than your parents, you were not going to be braveless or cowardly, you were going to fight back for what had been taken away that belonged to you.

You were not going to hang yourself like your father, or cry yourself to bed like your mother.

The features on your face may look calm as the still water of a peaceful stream, as if you had read the most relaxing book in the couch. However, it was muffled and complicated inside your brain. There was war.

The taxi took you to Mr. Park's house, which seemed to be having a party inside.

The guards did not let you in, you did not have an ivitation, nor did you dress elegantly.

"It's a company party, ma'am. I'm sorry, I may not let you in." The man informed you.

You gritted your teeth, feeling as if you hair would be set on fire due to the anger in you that needed a release.

As if God was standing by your side, your eyes laid on a middle aged woman from behind, coming out of the house with empty plates.

She was the maid you saw last time when you came back from honeymoon who served you tea.

You called for her, which caught her attention, walking towards you.

"Do you remember me?" You asked.

She nodded enthusiastically, smiling at you, "You're Jimin's wife."

"Let me in, please." You said, eyeing the guards for their approvals.

They looked embarassed, quickly pushing the gates opened while mumbling their apologies of not recognizing your identity.

Well, you did not blame them, it was not their faults. You were the one that was lying actually.

You walked into the house sneakily, where nobody took notice of you, they were just enjoying themsevles, gulping down their glasses of champagne.

You walked into the hall, in search for Jimin, or any of his evil family members.

You found Jimin just within one glance, him stood in the centre, chatting with another man.

He did not look very happy, or was enjoying the event, him barely managing to maintain that forced smile, plastered on his face.

His unnatural and uncomfortable state was not that disturbed you, it was the woman who stood next to him.

Her long wavy hair flowing down her shoulders, her pretty eyes sparkled with happiness, those red lips that suited her beautiful face, curved into a satisfied smile.

The gown she wore seemed to match her gracefulness, she looked to be shining with serenity and her distracting, breathtaking beauty.

Besides that, Jimin's hand was around her waist, pulling them closer to each other.

It was clear for your thinkings and suspicions now, the fact that they definitely used you. The woman who was with him, could be his actual fiancé.
You were only a soldier piece of a chess game, nothing too important.

What you hated the most was, they looked so perfect that it stung you, and you were envious of that woman.

You were not supposed to be feeling so, he was your father's murderer.
You should not love someone who killed your beloved father. Hence, not to feel any sourness or jealousy.

The feeling of betrayal left you in tears, the growth of hatred beginning to rise.
You hated him for doing this to you, creating such innocent lies, and you had to find the devastating truth yourself.

That's when, Jimin spotted the crying Y/n in the corner.

You saw him looking at you, but you were not going to hide, watching him walk closer and closer to you with confusion on his face.

He did not say anything as you pulled him upstairs, to an empty room you could find.