Chapter 23

Hope Primary School.

Trees and plants were planted in nearly everywhere of the school, encouraging the learners to study the nature.

The place was a shade of green, so beautiful and relaxing in a studious way, somewhere you'd want to be studying at.

Although it was a rather small school, with small amounts of children and teachers, the place was still lovely.

The principal was Mrs. Kang, a shy-looking lady with cheeks that were always red, she was quite short and plump, but she was a very nice person.

"I'm so grateful to have someone like you teaching at our school, Mrs. Park." She said, smiling nervously as she lead you to the class you'd be teaching through the corridor.

"No," You said, "I am the one honoured! I always wanted to teach."

"That's what I mean. You don't get a lot of people who are passionate about teaching." She said.

"As you could see, there isn't much learners in this school. People question our system, since I allowed a no school fees policy, so there aren't a lot of teachers who are willing to teach here."

"So are some parents, thinking that it's embarassing to put their kids here, as it is a poor school."

"But in my eyes, there's no difference between children, if they want to study, they should have get a chance to."

"Totally." You agreed, listening to the woman, while she made a turn and walked into a class, you followed.

Approximately 20 children ran around the class, playing around noisily.

Mrs. Kang had to shout for them to sit into their seats and quieten down.

"Morning class. You have a new homeroom and art teacher," She said, introducing you, "she is Mrs. Park."

"Good morning, Mrs. Park~" They wailed in rhythm, sounding a bit lazy, but they were cute in your eyes.

"Morning class, you can call me Mrs. Park or Mrs Y/n!" You said cheerfully to the class.

The children had grins on their faces, as if they were jolly to see your arrival.

Mrs. Kang nodded her head at you, signaling that she was going to leave, as you responded with an assuring smile.

"Right, should we start with register?" You asked while reaching for the register book on the table.

You called everyone's names, and was about to mark everyone present until you got to the last name.

"Kim DuHo?" You said.

Nobody answered, as you repeated yourself.

"Kim DuHo? Is he absent?" You asked, your voice echoing in the classroom.

"Mrs. Park? DuHo is always late." A girl who wore pigtails with pink ribbons said.

She sat right right in front of you, so you could easily hear her.

"Hm, that's odd. Why?" You asked curiously, looking at her.

The girl said nothing, and no one else in the class dared to reply.

You exhaled, feeling that it was time to let the topic go, and probably ask Mrs. Kang afterwards.

"Okay kids," You said, paging through the register book, "your first period is math literacy, please get ready and don't leave anything behind."

The class was noisy again, packing their things into their small bags, chatting while waiting for the bell to ring.

***

You were having the second free lesson, while your class went to English.

Since you've got the free time, you decided to prepare for the fifth period, when your class came to you for art lesson.

You stuck the classroom walls with numerous posters, trying to decorate the classroom as fun as it could be.

That's when you heard a soft voice coming from the entrance.

You looked behind you, and there stood a little boy, looking a bit uncomfortable.

You bent down so you could reach his height, where you could talk to him.

"Hi, what are you doing here?" You asked.

He said nothing, scratching his cheek nervously and staring at you with his big, brown eyes.

"What is your name atleast?" You attempted to get his identity.

"...I'm Kim DuHo." He said, nearly whispering. He seemed frightened to talk.

"Ohh, so you're Kim Duho!" You smiled at him like he was your friend, hoping that he would loosen up, "I'm your new homeroom teacher and art teacher."

"You can call me Mrs. Park or Mrs. Y/n."

He nodded slowly, blinking emotionlessly, as if he was traumatized before he came to school.

"Now, could you tell me why you're late?" You asked, tithing your head to the right.

He spoke nothing again, and you realized something on his face. The angle your head tilted to, your eyes landed directly and perfectly on to a purple mark near his ear.

It was a bruise.

-----------------------

A/n: Eh heh... I made it to 100 followers! Thank you!😘😘😘😘
It's just that I won't be making a 'special', since the readers of this book are a bit shy to comment.😅

But it's totally fine, I guess we'll get along further on in the book!

Thank you for your reads and votes!😘😘😘