Chapter 19

Before Mr. Park got to say anything, your mother in-law smacked him in the arm playfully.

"Let them in the house, honey!" She said, rolling her eyes.

Your father laughed sheepishly as he leaded the group into the lounge.

The lounge was spacious, but still nice and cosy. There were crystal chandeliers hanging from the ceiling, a big fireplace was below an expensive looking painting and the sofas were soft and comfortable.

A middle aged lady walked in with a tray, with cups and a tea pot.

She came to you first, placing a cup on the small table besides you, pouring you some hot tea.

You thanked her as you picked the cup up, drinking your tea.

These cups must have cost a lot, it looked liked they were made from porcelain and the golden outlines of the flower patterns made it look more valuable.

You better not drop this on the floor, as it was quite smooth and slippery, but you clung onto it tightly.

"So, Y/n." Mr. Park began to say, "There is news about your parents."

"Yes?" You asked, sipping your drink, realizing that your parents weren't here.

"They have moved to Venice." He said calmly, looking at you in the eyes.

You were shocked and at first you didn't know what to say, as if you were choked.

"Venice! Why?!"

"Your father said it was time for them to retire and enjoy the rest of their years. So they moved to somewhere beautiful, you know?" He explained.

"But why didn't they tell me?" You asked.

"He knew you wouldn't let them go if they told you," He chuckled, "that's why they chose to move during your honeymoon."

You understood now, but it felt like there was tangled wool in your stomach, not able to be untied. Lumps were growing in your throat and you felt like crying as you missed your parents very much.

"They left a letter for you, Y/n." Mr. Park said as he gave the letter to the maid standing by him as she handed it to you.

You opened the folded letter, and it said:

My Daughter, Y/n.

You must be wondering why we didn't tell you that we're leaving far far away. We know you're never going to let us go, like a dog and it's bone. Haha.
Your mom and I would like to spend the rest of our lives away from the city, we'll be living a peaceful life in Venice, where we'll be growing vegetables and watching the birds fly in the sky. I trust Jimin will take good care of you and my company. He'll be inheriting the empire I built! And you will be able to cope with your new life, as a sweet wife.
We love you, and we will visit sometime soon.

With love.
Your father and mother.

You could feel your lips trembling and your eyes struggling to keep the tears locked in.

"Wow." You said, wiping the tears in your eyes, "They are so mean."

"Agh dear," Mrs. Park said, observing that you were crying, "we will be your family from now on."

You smiled at her, appreciating her words of comfort, signaling that you would be fine.

Jimin, seeing what's wrong, said, "Mother, I want to take Y/n home now. She needs rest."

Your parents in-law agreed immediately, as Jimin took your hand and headed outside, towards the car.

***

Jimin looked very worried about you, he was stroking your hair and pecking your head as he opened the door to you and his home.

"Don't cry, princess." He said, in the softest tone.

"I'll be here for you, okay?"

You nodded and cried in his arms, you could feel your tears wetting his shirt.

The house was a double story, which consisted of one lounge, one dining room, a luxurious kitchen, one bedroom, one guestroom and two bathrooms.

You especially loved the lounge, as it had a big glass slide, which sunlight could be shone through it. The carpets seemed nice and comfortable too.

The entire house was also spacious, but it didn't have much decorations and was rather neat and tidy.

You and him would be sharing a bedroom, as it did have a large bed, a dressing table and a huge closet. A bathroom was situated inside, and it had an enormous bathtub which connected to the wall and floor.

"Do you like our home?" He asked for your opinion, flashing those sparkly eyes of his.

"Yes," You whispered, a little better now, "I love it."

He smiled satisfactorily, pushing your forehead against his lips, kissing you for the hundredth time today.

"I'm looking forward to be living with you." He said, bending down to reach your height as he ruffled your hair.

The smile he was giving you was basically spoiling you, and it certainly made you want to follow what your father had instructed.

Cope with the new life of being a wife.

-------------------------

A/n: Honestly, I'm looking forward to write about Jimin and your married life...😊😊😊😏😊😊

(There was no mysterious smirk hidden in the cute smiley faces...)