Chapter 26

"She won't agree!" DuHo snapped viciously, staring at you with unknown hatred.

Before you got to respond, you heard a 'ping' from your phone, and checked that it was a message from his mother, confirming the offer of taking her son for dinner.

You smiled at the poor child with victory, showing the messages to him.

"I won't eat you or poison you, DuHo. I just want to invite you for dinner." You said softly, plopping your phone back into your pocket.

"I'll see you after school."

***

You held DuHo's hand firmly, not too tight to hurt him, not too loose, for the purpose of showing him affection.

"What are we waiting for?" He asked, not even looking at you, but on the roads.

"My husband's car, DuHo." You said, smiling happily by the sound of it.

He didn't like the happy look on your face, rolling his eyes at you, but still looking around at the cars.

A black car stopped by, and out, came a handsome Park Jimin. His gorgeous smile plastered onto his face, just as usual.

He wrinkled his eyebrows slightly by the sight of the poor boy besides you, "Who's this little boy?"

"This is DuHo," You told him, "he's joining us for dinner."

He opened the door for both of you to enter.

"That'll be cool!" He said, trying to impress this little boy in front of him.

***

"DuHo," You said to the third grader who sat by the kitchen counter, "I'll be making curry!"

"All kids like currrrryyyyy!" You said cheerfully, while DuHo forced a straight face, but you could see the smile he was hiding.

Jimin leaned against the oven, his arms folded, as if he was watching a show, grinning pleasantly.

"My dear, do you like curry?" You asked your husband and he nodded. "I love anything that you make, honey."

You winked at DuHo and whispered, "Uncle Jimin is also a kid."

That caused a huge spread of a pleasant smile on his face, but for only 1 second, as he took it away instantly.

"Not funny." He murmured, looking down at the floor, but deep down in his heart, he was starting to like both Jimin and you.

During dinner, DuHo seemed rather cautious, poking the food with his spoon.

"Doesn't mommy often make you curry at him, hm?" You asked him, chewing on your food.

He shook his head, mashing a block of potato, "She usually isn't home."

"Then who's at home?" Jimin asked this time, taking a sip of his water.

"John." He said, slightly disgusted, "He's my mom's boyfriend."

You swallowed your food, sensing that there was something wrong. "Don't you like John?"

He didn't say anything, just looked at his food, and finally began to eat.

After the dinner, you went to the basin to wash dishes, while Jimin received a call and went to the bedroom.

DuHo was nowhere to be found, but you guessed he went to use the bathroom, so you started to wash dishes.

You thought about DuHo and his stepfather while you were at it, you could feel that things weren't that simple.

Probably he wanted to tell you, it was just that Jimin was around, and that's the reason he didn't speak up.

Cleaning your hands with your apron, you decided to go find DuHo, although aware that you weren't finished with the dishes.

You turned your back and encountered a huge shock, because the boy was right behind you, his eyes dark and creepy.

"You scared me, DuHo!" You said, rubbing your chest for comforting the heart that had experienced a shock wave.

"I was just looking for you." You said, "Stay here, I've got some questions."

You rolled up your sleeves and switched on the tap, washing the dishes again.

"So, do you like your stepfather? That John?" You asked.

"There's something wrong." He replied softly, looking straight into your eyes.

You were in total bamboozlement, "What do you mean there's something wrong?"

"Jimin." He said, as soft as before, yet still sending shivers down your spine, also giving you goosebumps.

"What about him?" You said, trying to remain calm.

"Beware. I heard all of the phone call." He said, and walked away to the kitchen table.