Chapter 29

"What's wrong with it?" You began to stress too, "I could cook for him, Jimin."

He did not speak, and avoided your gaze stubbornly. You've never seen him like this and didn't know what to do.

"Jimin?" You asked again, "What is wrong?"

He still did not speak, but got up hurriedly, rushing towards the bedroom, and you followed, wanting an answer.

"What is going on?!" You said, his nervousness was contagious, and you were infected by it, "Please tell me something!"

He walked around, going through the drawers and fiddling with some papers.

"What the hell is happening?!" You asked, this time demanding for an answer.

He covered his face, as if a ton of pressure had fallen onto him, "I don't know!"

"Y/n, please just leave me alone." He pleaded, he sounded like he was going to cry, "I need to peace out."

You agreed, "Okay, but promise me you'll be fine."

He nodded several times, and collapsed onto the chair nearby, his hands rubbing his face nervously.

"I'll go prepare dinner," You told him softly, "I hope you'll be fine afterwards."

Even after you left that bedroom, you were very conerned about Jimin.

You could hear his screams and groans in the room, and it made you very unsure and scared.

Was he afraid of his father so much that he didn't even want him for dinner?

Your situation was already in a mess, you did not know what to make for this grand dinner, and you were still worried about Jimin.

At the end, you decided to cook steak, it was suitable for a business-man-father-in-law, you guessed.

Although you tried to calm yourself, but Jimin's sudden and frequent roars and cries from time to time would make you quite anxious.

You had burnt your hands on the stove about three times already, and nearly slid your finger with the knife.

Until the doorbell rang, it surely did stop Jimin from screaming and it seemed as if he had calmed down, although Jimin's case was off your shoulders, now came another one. You felt like you escalated to a higher level of stress.

You tidied your hair, fixed your messy clothes and took a deep breath before you got to open the door for Mr. Park.

"Good eve-"

Mr. Park sweeped in, as if you were invisible, looked around and was so unbothered to even greet you, leaving you a bit speechless.

"Where's Jimin?" He asked, his voice cold and unfamiliar.

His mean eyes glided through the room, and raised his tone to order you once more, "Where is Jimin!?"

You knew exactly where Jimin was, it was just his words was so forceful, and he was so intimidating to even make eye contact, so nevermind talking.

"There's no need to shout, father." As if Jimin was your saviour, he walked out slowly and peacefully, his face oddly calm, acting like nothing had happened, like he wasn't screaming and screeching before his father's arrival.

"I need to talk to you." His father spat, flames of anger burning in his eyes.

"Come, father." He answered softly, contrasting the frustrated Mr. Park, "Let's go to the bedroom."

"Park Jimin!" Mr. Park shouted, "Have you got it, or not!?"

Jimin shut his mouth, he did not move or flinch, not even slightly.

"Yah!" Your husband had definitely enraged his father, "Answer me!"

"I do not have it, father." He replied, still not affected by the raging man.

Hearing Jimin's answer, he was obviously unsatisfied, strucking his hand across Jimin's face.

Again, Jimin was peaceful as a leaf floating on water, simply just touching his slapped cheek with his hand.

"Where's your efficiency and productivity!?" He screamed, it was loud enough to be drumming in your ears.

"I'm disappointed, Jimin." He stated, "I want it in a week, and if you don't have it. I'll do it!"

"And you don't want to hurt her, do you?" He asked, threateningly.

Jimin finally moved, clenching his fist into a tight ball, and narrowed his eyes cautiously.

Without wanting to receive a reply, Jimin's father stormed out as quickly as he entered.

It left you breathless and fearful, and Jimin looked pressured more than ever.

You wanted to ask, but no words managed to come out of your trembling mouth.

"What's for dinner, honey?" Jimin pretended to be fine, forcing a smile on his face.

You couldn't believe it, and still no words escaped your mouth.

"I think we need to go for an overseas trip again, hm jagi?"