Chapter 27

You chewed on your pencil, nibbling on it nervously. DuHo's words were in your mind ever since last night, ringing over and over again.

What could he possibly mean by beware? Beware of what? The phone call?

It was your free lesson, where you decided to do a landscape with oil pastel, you wanted to recreate the beautiful sight you saw that night on the Eiffel Tower.

That night when you told Jimin you loved him, and he kissed you.

It made your heart flutter by thinking of it, but besides that, what DuHo said last night was worrying you.

You were distracted and couldn't even concentrate on the artwork anymore.

You couldn't believe how a kid's words could be such an interference.

"Y/n." You heard someone call your name from behind.

There, stood by the door was the fifth grade art teacher you met just yesterday.

"Jungkook!" You said, excited to see him. Probably he had the answer you've been seeking for.

"Do you take children's words into account?" You asked while stretching your arms.

He looked rather confused, then shook his head, "Children could be weird creatures, if they say something weird, it's probably their imaginations."

"But sometimes, we should actually listen to what they want to say." He added.

You remembered last night, when you drove DuHo home, and you attempted to ask him what he meant, and all he said was, 'Be careful', or 'Beware'. Like how does a third grader even know how to use those words?

"But what if he doesn't want to tell me?" You asked, slightly frustrated and scared.

He rubbed your back soothingly, "Don't worry, Y/n. I guess it's just their little secrets that they don't tell anyone. It's fine."

Jungkook's intentions were to comfort you, however, it made you suspect more.

DuHo mentioned something about Jimin's phone call, which he took in the bedroom.

Why would he speak privately in the bedroom? Was it purely business stuff, or...

Or...

"Or he's cheating on you, Y/n!" Scarlett appeared in your mind again, this time you weren't even surprised.

"Oh my word, sis!" You gasped, realizing that what she said could be true.

She nodded her head, "I knew it! I mean Jimin is such an attractive man, which woman wouldn't fall for him?"

You hummed in agreement, "What should I do?"

"You're not sexy or seductive enough, Y/n." She suggested, almost immediately, loud, definite and clear.

"What the hell are you wearing around him? Hm?" She asked, "You remind me of a granny!"

"Those clothes are comfy!" You protested, "And if it's because of my appearances, I won't change a single bit!"

"Y/n?" Jungkook snapped you out of your thoughts, "What's wrong? You're zoning out!"

You rubbed your temples, "I think I'm too tired, sorry man."

He smiled at you, "It's fine, we all have those times."

He placed a plastic container on your table, "I'm actually here because I bought something for you."

"I saw it at the market yesterday," He said, smiling sweetly, "I hope you enjoy these."

He had brought you box of strawberry rice cake, it was heartwarming to know that you've got a nice coworker.

"Thank you so much!" You said, you couldn't wait to taste these delicacies.

"I've got class now, see you later." He said, walking out of the class while you thanked him again.

"So what's better? A cheating man or a man who buys you strawberry rice cakes?" Scarlett asked, her eyes sparkling with hearts by the sight of Jungkook.

"Shush, I'll love Jimin forever and ever."

***

Although you were sure that you loved this man, you weren't sure if he was still interested in you.

You couldn't believe that you trusted a kid and an imaginative figure you created in your head.

You bought bottles and bottles of alcohol, hoping that'll sweep your sorrows away.

Second, third and fourth bottles gone. It didn't seem to be taking away your sadness, but instead made you drunk.

Jimin's POV.

Just when you opened the fifth bottle, Jimin came home, to find a drunk girl talking to a banana.

He knew you were drunk just by looking at you and the empty bottles, scattered on the floor.

He remembered the phone call from last night, the phone call that gave him so much pressure and guilt.

Should he do it now, by means of taking advantage of his beloved Y/n who's drunk, and get what they wanted.

Or, follow his heart and conscience and not do it, but lose the big fat chance.

"Y/n...?" He asked, tapping her shoulder.

"Jimin doesn't love me anymoreeeeeee~" She cried, her face red and her eyes swollen from sulking.

He clenched his jaw, knowing that he should get this over and done with, although he felt so sorry for the girl in front of him.

Perhaps, he didn't love her enough, that's why he's betraying her.

He thought it'd be so easy, he thought he'd hate her when he first received this 'mission'.

Who knew she was so likable?

"Do you want to know how to make Jimin love you again?" He asked the unconscious Y/n.

She nodded her head desperately like a hungry dog wanting food, "Yes, I'll do anything!"

"I'll do anything for Jimin to love me!"

----------------------

A/n: This book is nearly coming to an end. Probably in the chapter 30s.

I want to update three chapters today, but I'll see how it goes.

If this chapter receives above 30 reads, I'll publish Chapter 28.