Chapter 32

Jimin dropped you off to the airport, handing you the ticket he had booked over the weekend, which you held with your passport.

You did not want to look at him, not even a single glance.

"Y/n," He sighed, noticing your attitude, "I'm only trying to protect you."

"Don't come back, Y/n." He said, his face fill of concern.

You did not speak, still not wanting to look at him.

"I've already transferred some money, applied a job and got a house for you. I'm pretty sure you'll be fine." He explained, hoping that you would spare him a look.

He bent down to reach your eye level, smiling lightly at you, trying to catch your attention.

The more he smiled, the more it pierced you and stung you and broke you.

You loved him, that was one thing you were sure of.

He leaned down and kissed your forehead gently, different from the possessiveness yesterday, remaining that position for a lot time, as if he did not want to let go.

"I love you." He whispered, his voice sounded shaky, yet trying to act normal.

You looked up to see his sweet smile, with tears streaming down his cheeks, staining his collar.

He must've been tormented, but it was complicated to explain how you felt about.

It broke you to see him like this.

It had brought your eyes welling in tears, but you forged yourself not to cry again.

"I love you too." You replied softly.

He looked so glad with your response, but still holding his happiness in before he got too depended on you.

"Goodbye."

Jimin walked away without looking back, he did not want to be too emotional or reluctant, he did not want to decline or hesistate on his plans on something he made himself to give up on.

You pursed your lips, bottling the feelings into your chest, not wanting to pour them out in the airport.

You had other decisions, you reminded yourself, playing the piece of paper in your hand.

You watched Jimin exit the place, as soon as you knew he was gone for sure, you dialed your father's nunber.

Probably they had the answers you've been seeking for, so that it would be much clearer of the reason why Jimin wanted you to leave.

"Father?" You said, recalling ysterday when your mother had picked up.

"Y/n, is this you?"
Surprisingly, it was your mother answering your father's call again.

You giggled, "Had father forgotten how to use technology?"

"I suppose they hid it from you." Your mother said, suddenly speaking seriously.

"Hm?" You hummed in confusion, unknown of what topic your mother was ranting about.

"Your father is dead, Y/n."

You felt your face ashen, losing its natural red colour, your head still questioning what you had heard, as you believed it to be untrue.

"What?"

"Y/n, they murdered him." Her voice was sharp as a knife and, hatred spiking her tone.

"What are you talking about!?" Your teeth began to chatter, your body still as stone, yet your mind spun like crazy.

"They forced your father to hand over the company, Y/n." She said bitterly, "But he was a stubborn mule."

"He did not want to hand over the empire he created. They used you to blackmail us, since you were with Jimin at honeymoon. If we did not agree, they would kill you."

You gulped, your head numb from the trauma, suddenly acknowledging that this was planned.

"Your father pretended to do so, but he filed a will before he hung himself. He was too ashamed to be living anymore." She began to tear up, you could hear it through her nasal.

"He what?"

"In his will," She continued to say, ignoring your question, avoiding to repeat herself, "He gave the company to you."

Now you were more than confused, different emotions mixed in your head and you lost focus and concentration.

"It was Jimin who sent me to Venice, Y/n." She said through her weeps, "They did not know your father would kill himself. I was the only evident after all, and I would've been killed."

"What about that letter? The letter from father?" You asked, trying to clear the emotions in your mind and concentrate.

"They forced him to write a letter to you, before he got to commit suicide." She said quietly.

"Then what's the point of keeping me alive then?" You asked, desperate for an immediate answer.

"They could only get the company only if you agreed to to give to them, their purpose is to use you." She said with detestation.

"This was the whole purpose of the marriage too, so that people won't suspect too much of how your father's company is suddenly theirs when he was not bankrupt. It was logical thinking."

You tried to go through every memory of signing anything to do with handing the company over, however, you only remembered signing the divorce papers.

"Why do they want this so much?!" You asked in frustration, still unsure of their desire and ways.

"The company actually belonged to the Park family, Jimin's father was said to be inheriting the business."

"However, they gave it to your father, a stranger."

Now it was all starting to make sense now, becoming clearer and more logical, finally managed to be functioning in your brain.

"Y/n. I hate them," Your mother said, you felt her emotions in her voice.

"They took away your father, Y/n." She was breaking down into more tears, breathing rapidly.

All of your life, you've never seem your mother so weak and so helpless. They were always the one to protect and defend over you.

They took your beloved father's life, the man who meant so special to you, so gentle and comforting.

He was part of this.
Park Jimin was part of this.
The man you loved and believed stupidly, took your father's life.

He took him away.