Code

About five minutes later, Jasmine was sitting in a different room, by herself. She sat at a table with a piece of paper, a keypad, and a pen, just as she had told Natasha.

The Avengers and X-Men watched from the next room over, confused and curious about her activity.

Jasmine's handwriting was neat and almost cursive. She worked different equations out on the paper, while different problems were being processed by her mind. Her eyes were shifting from every wall, to the glass window, to her hands, she couldn't keep her mind set on one thing.

"Got it." She whispered, putting the pen down and leaning back in the chair. Natasha walked into the room and took the paper off the desk.

"Are you saying this is about you?" Natasha asked, gesturing to the paper.

"Um, yeah." Jasmine nodded.

"What?" Tony asked, walking into the room with everyone else behind him.

"Those numbers are Jasmine's full name, birthday, and the address of home." Natasha showed them the paper.

"06-27-1921 is my birthday, June twenty seventh, nineteen twenty one. 5276463-5966-227837 is apparently Jasmine Lynn Carter, my full name. And 44225-78234-7623-Jacksonville, FL is my address. 44225 Stage Road Jacksonville, Florida." Jasmine replied without having to look at the papers.

"1921?" Steve repeated. Jasmine's eyes met his but she shrugged.

"I don't know what it means. But I have a feeling I'll find it out at this address." Jasmine was determined to find out who she was, where she came from, who her family was, anything.

"Then we leave as soon as possible." Natasha said.

Only Logan, Clint, Natasha, and Storm got out of the three SUVs to walk up to the house with Jasmine. The house was old and broken down. It looked so fragile that with one slight movement, the whole structure might fall down.

"Stay out here." Jasmine told the others, holding her hand up.

"Be careful." Storm said as Jasmine walked up the steps to the house.

"Five minutes, Jazz, then we need to be going back to the Fridge." Natasha added. Fury said they couldn't stay out very long. The steps creaked with the light weight of Jasmine. She took three steps across the porch and reached for the doorknob. Her breathing stopped for a few moments as she opened the door. The house had light coming in from the windows, so she could see as she left the door open behind her.

There were holes in the walls and shards of old fashion beer bottles laying all over what would've been the living room and kitchen.

Jasmine ignored the two rooms downstairs and went upstairs instead. Each floorboard creaked as she walked up it. Her mind was telling her she hadn't been here before, that she didn't know where she was going, but her heart was saying different.

Go. Just a few more steps and you'll find who you are. A small voice inside of her said.

Jasmine opened one of the bedroom doors and gasped. Everything came back now. She knew where she was. This used to be her home when she was a child. That was her room. The bed was still there, with the old blanket and the teddy bear Jasmine kept as a child.

Jasmine's face lit up with joy and hope. She bent down and looked under the bed. There was a box with the word 'albums' written on it. Jasmine picked the box up and sat in on the bed. She knew she didn't have time to look at the things, so she took the box down to Logan.