Friends and Family

Jasmine woke up to something being poked into her arm, something she was very well used to.

"You're awake." Bruce smiled softly, though Jasmine could see right through it. She saw the sadness in his eyes.

"Oh God. Who did we lose?" She sat up immediately, wrapping her arms around his neck to hug him tightly.

Little did she know Bruce Banner needed that hug. Bruce squeezed her tightly, hugging her back.

"Kitty."

Jasmine's heart broke. Her eyes immediately watered as she let him go, sliding her hands down his arms so she could hold his hands.

"No, Bruce. It's not true." Jasmine shook her head. The doctor's eyes were watery as he nodded. "Where's Bobby?"

"His room. He refuses to leave until the jet for the X-Men get here. I think you should go try to talk to him."

Jasmine nodded and kissed his cheek before getting off the medical bed. Her eyes glided over the motionless Alex but she had to do a double take to make sure it was really him on the bed.

"No." She breathed the word, her heart tearing in half.

"He's going to be okay, Jasmine. He's just sleeping it off." Bruce rubbed her shoulder comfortingly. "I promise."

"Alex." Jasmine whispered and ran her fingers through his messy blonde hair. She kissed his forehead and looked over to the woman laying on the table on the other side of the room. It was Natasha Romanoff. "Not you too."

"She'll be fine too. Just sore and tired. Go see Bobby. He needs some comfort."

Jasmine nodded and left the medical room, though she wanted to stay and hold Alex.

Peter was sitting outside of Bobby's room.

"Jazz." Peter forced a faint smile as she bent down to his level.

"You're okay." She hugged him tightly and kissed his forehead.

"Yeah. You gonna try to talk to Bobby?" Peter asked after he hugged her.

"Yeah." Jasmine nodded and smiled softly, ruffling his brown hair before standing up again. She knocked twice and before she got to speak, Bobby did.

"I don't want to talk."

"Bobby, its me. I-I just want to tell you something." Jasmine waited patiently for a few minutes before the door opened.

Bobby looked like a messy. His brunette hair was sticking right up, his cheeks were stained with tears, and his eyes were blood shot red.

"Bobby." Jasmine murmured, closing the door behind her. "I don't even know where to start. Kitty... She was so young..."

Bobby wrapped his arms around Jasmine's waist, needing and wanting a hug.

"I miss her, Jazz."

"I do too, Bobby." Jasmine buried her face in his chest, wishing she could rewind time and fix things. "I'm so sorry. It's all my fault."

"No. Kitty would've wanted to go like that, for the safety of everyone else and for you." Bobby was in tears too, crying into Jasmine's shoulder as he squeezed her small body in his arms.

Jasmine stayed in Bobby's room for the night, comforting him since he couldn't sleep for more than a few minutes at a time.

This gave Jasmine time to think about everything.

"Let's go get something to eat, Bobby." Jasmine ran her fingers through his hair. Bobby was sprawled out on the bed, his head was in Jasmine's lap. She wanted to do everything in her power to make him feel better.

"I don't feel like eating."

"Just come with me then, Bobby."

He whined like a little kid but Jasmine managed to get him out of the room.

The two were headed for the lounge when they turned a corner and Jasmine ran into a hard object. It was Thor.

"Lady Jasmine! Alex is awake." Thor spoke urgently, excitement filled his voice. Jasmine looked to Bobby, a smile forming on her lips as she dragged him to the medical room.

The Avengers and X-Men all had gathered there. Natasha was sitting on the edge of her bed with Clint next to her.

Alex was sitting on the edge of his bed with no shirt on. Jasmine could see the new scars on his torso from the bullet wounds. His lips curled in a smile as he got off the bed.

"Alex." She whispered, running into his arms. He lifted her up and kissed her lips passionately. "I love you. I-I thought I was going to lose you. Kitty- She's-"

"I love you more. And I know." Alex cupped her face and kissed her forehead before getting down on one knee. "This was her idea, by the way, so you're entitled to say yes no matter what." He joked.

"Alex." Jasmine's voice cracked as fresh tears formed in her eyes. "What are you doing?"

"I'm proposing. You're ruining the moment." He chuckled and pulled a ring out of his pocket. "Jasmine Lynn Carter. I love you more than you can imagine. I want to be with you for the rest of my life. Will you be my wife and give me the honor of being your husband?"

"You make me puke." Tony playfully mumbled, earning a light smack in the chest from Jean.

"Yes. Yes!" Jasmine didn't give him time to stand some when she jumped on him, they both fell back.

Everyone cheered and hooted at the two.

Jasmine was so caught up in her happy moment when she noticed Bobby try to slyly get out of the room.

"I'll be right back." Jasmine kissed Alex quickly before going after Bobby. "Bobby! Come on."

"I'm just going back to my room, Jazz. I'll be okay."

"Kitty wouldn't want you to distance yourself from us."

"I'm not, Jazz."

"Come on." She held his hand, squeezing it supportingly before she pulled him back to the medical room.

When they got there, Harry was holding baby Tellan. Harry looked overwhelmed with sadness but Jasmine took Tellan from him and kissed her son.

"What's wrong, Harry?" Jasmine asked softly, holding Tellan in one arm as she hugged Harry with the other.

"Nothing. Its a shame about what happened to Kitty."

Jasmine nodded and together, the X-Men and Avengers comforted Bobby and showed him he was in the presents of friends and family.

Okay guys! This us technically the last chapter to IAOA unless you count the epilogue. Please vote!! And comments will be greatly appreciate!! An author's note discussing everything will be posted shortly after the epilogue!

I love you all so much! You've given me so much confidence in not only writing but in myself! I can't thank you enough for this! (There will be more of this gushy stuff in the author's note!)

Vote and comment! Love you guys!

<3 Kacey <3