Promise?

Jasmine woke up to the sounds of running feet. She sat up, pushing the covers off her and standing up.

The feeling of ice cold steel against her bare feet made her gasp.

The door swung open, Jasmine's eyes found Alex's. He jut swung the door open and closed it behind him, locking it tightly.

"Alex? What's going on?" Jasmine asked.

"We have HYDRA, the mutants, and Loki teaming up now. They attacked the Carrier. Come on. I need to get you to a jet."

"I-I don't want to cause any more trouble, Alex." Jasmine whispered, stepping away from Alex.

"You won't. Come on." Alex took her hand and began to run out the room. Alex held her close to him as he ran. "Logan, Cap, and Stark are gonna be with you on the jet."

"You aren't?"

"If you want me to, I can." Alex slowed down to a speed walk. "I thought you didn't want me around."

"It's not that..." Jasmine whispered. Loki suddenly appeared in front of the two, making Alex wrap an arm around Jasmine's waist and pull her behind him. "Loki."

"I've been looking all over for you." Loki chuckled, which sent chills down Jasmine's spine.

Loki glanced to Alex.

"Let's not make things difficult, mortal. Give me the girl and you won't be killed."

"I won't let you take her." Alex spoke through clenched teeth.

"Ahhh. You love her?" Loki's evil smirk scared Jasmine, her hands gripped Alex's arm and his hip since that was where both her hands were; his left hip and his right arm.

"Loki!" Thor yelled his brother's name. Loki sighed and turned to his brother.

"Come on." Alex whispered and began to lead the way down a different hallway. Jasmine clutched Alex's arm, squeezing it tightly. "I'm not letting you go anywhere, Jazz." Alex quickly kissed her cheek before they turned a corner, only to see Victor and Logan.

"Hey, I thought you were with Logan?" Victor chuckled coldly as the fighting between the two brothers stopped.

"You were with Logan?" Alex looked to Jasmine. "When were you going to tell me? What did-"

"Its irrelevant!" Jasmine cut him off, dodging a ball of fire from Pyro, who turned up in the same hallway with Bobby. Alex pulled Jasmine to stand with him and held her close to him.

"We'll have a talk about it later." He whispered before they continued to run as a fight broke out in the hallway.

"No we won't." Jasmine shook her head. There was a sudden burst through the wall. Tony had blasted a hole in the wall, meaning to hit an enemy.

"Sorry!" Tony yelled before shooting his repulsers at a mutant.

"Come on. The jet's out here." Alex pulled Jasmine out on to the loading dock.

"But Logan and Tony were right there." Jasmine spoke as they speed walked through the fighting scene.

"Then its just me and Cap." Alex pushed Jasmine on to the jet Steve was already on.

"Good to see you two made it safe." Steve nodded. "You guys are going straight to the school where the Professor will tell you what to do."

"What about you?" Jasmine asked.

"I have to stay here and keep them from following you." Steve jumped out of the jet just before the hatch closed.

Jasmine felt the rumble of the jet engine before it took off.

"So you were with Logan before me?" Alex sat on one of the seats.

"Alex. Its nothing. He's just a friend." Jasmine sat beside him and put her hand on his knee.

"Why was he in your room then last night?" Alex crossed his arms.

"How do you know?"

"He came in right after I left, Jazz. I'm not stupid."

"We were just talking."

"About?"

"Alex. Its nothing. He just wanted me to talk about my apparent problems and I don't want to talk about it." Jasmine scooted over a seat and crossed her arms too. If this is how he's gonna act, then I can do it too, Jasmine thought to herself. She knew Alex was upset but he didn't need to be that upset about it.

"Do you like him?"

"He's a good friend." She nodded. "But I don't like-like him."

"I just didn't know you two had been together before." Alex sighed.

"It was only for like a week, if not."

"Don't be mad, Jazz."

"I'm not."

"Yes you are. You're not looking at me and you're talking through your teeth. Stop it please." Alex put his hand on her knee.

"I'm just... upset about everything, I guess." Jasmine let her arms down and leaned back in the seat. "Everyone's fighting over me and I just don't want anyone hurt."

"They'll be fine. I'm going to keep you safe, Jasmine." Alex leaned over and kissed her lips. "I promise-"

"Don't say that. Don't make promises you can't keep."

"Do you trust me, Jasmine?"

Jasmine hesitated before nodding.

"Then I promise I'll keep you safe." He smiled faintly.

"Okay." She nodded, though she knew the promise would be broken eventually.

Guys!! I'm so sorry I haven't posted in forever!! I still love you guys!!

Comment and vote!! This is my second most popular book; the first is The Life of Tony Stark's Daughter and the second is Electric Blue!!

I love you guys!!!! I'm at 10K!!! Keep it coming!!

<3 Kacey <3