Chapter 1: One Month Anniversary

Start from the beginning

"Because... That's what people like us do." Wow. Okay. Four months ago there was no way in hell he would ever consider Connor as a person. But now...

"People like us?"

God, he was so clueless.

"Please tell me you're fucking messin' with me, Connor..."

Connor's confused face soon formed into a smirk, Gavin then moved his hand away from the android's jaw and placed it back on the counter. The coffee machine then stopped its whirring, "Coffee's done." Connor stated before breaking free from Gavin's clutches.

"Fuckin' hell..." Gavin muttered, "Who knew that being in a relationship with a damn android was going to be so complicated. Only one month of this shit and I'm already stressed." he ran a hand over his face.

"Coffee." Connor announced, two mugs of coffee in his hands. He offered one to Gavin.

Gavin mumbled a, "Thanks." before beginning to drink, taking a seat nearby. Connor took the seat next to his and began to drink from his own mug, "Hey. What happened to androids not needing to intake 'sustenance'."

Connor just shrugged, "I don't necessarily need it. But I can have it. And besides, coffee is... interesting."

They drank in a comfortable silence.

It then hit Gavin that he had practically just pinned Connor to the counter... At WORK. Where anybody could have seen them.

Oh god, he would never hear the end of it. The famous android hater becoming the famous android lover.

Hank would probably kill him for getting too close to Connor.

Gavin would love to clearly show that Connor was his and he would kick the ass of anyone who tried to take him away but... It would definitely ruin his reputation of being the biggest asshole at the station.

Connor would like Gavin to be more public about the whole 'relationship' business. But he didn't really care too much. He was obviously new to the whole situation anyways and he was still learning what people who were 'together' did. Connor had almost spilled the news to Hank about being with Gavin a few days ago. But Gavin was there to calm the situation.

"So..." Connor said, "Your place tonight?"

Gavin nodded, "Show up whenever. I would drive you over but I gotta go to work on a case down at the Eden Club and then I'm goin' straight home."

"Would 8:57 be good enough?"

"8:57?" Gavin questioned, "The fuck are you bein' so specific for?"

"My apologies. By my calculations I will not be finished work until 8:11pm. The walk would be 46 minutes long, that is taking into account that there will be no interruptions."

"You're walkin'? Can't Anderson drive you?"

He shook his head, "Not unless you want Hank to know about us." he winked, "I don't mind the walk anyways. Gives me time to clear unnecessary memories from my banks. And do a self-test on my systems."

All of this android talk would have made Gavin punch the shit out of him a few months ago. Now, he was intrigued to find out more.

It had been exactly one month since they started being a thing. Both of them had agreed on no gifts unless the relationship lasts at least one year.

By Connor's calculations, the relationship should last well over a year as long as there were no interruptions.

Gavin was definitely skeptical about the whole relationship thing. His past ones haven't exactly gone too well. His last relationship playing a huge part in why Gavin had hated androids.