Chapter 27 - The Cutest Thing Ever

Start from the beginning

“Boobear… were you just checking out my bum?”

“N-n-no way, Haz! Why would I be doing that?” He looked everywhere but me.

“I never said you had to stop, you know,” I winked cheekily at him and he rolled his eyes, cheeks still bright.

We snuggled into each other’s arms and slept away the flight. As I woke, I noticed the plane was coming down and I shook Louis awake as well. “We’re landing, Boo.”

He stretched his shoulders and rubbed the drowsiness from his eyes. “Wonder what we’re doing when we land?” I shrugged, having no idea.

I felt my phone vibrating and glanced down at it. I had a notification from Twitter. Unlocking it, I saw that Liam had tweeted a picture of something that was apparently “the cutest thing ever”. Clicking to open it, I gasped.

It was a picture of Louis and I curled up and asleep. I could feel my anger growing as I stared down at it. Liam had no right to share this with the world; it was a private moment!

Lou put a hand on my shoulder, gesturing to my phone. “What’s got you so riled up?” I handed it over and saw his face turn shocked and then murderous. “Let’s get him.”

As soon as the plane was safely on the ground we jumped up and towered over Liam. “What was that for?” I snapped at him.

“What was what for?”

“You know what! The picture!”

“The picture? You mean the one I took of- oh. Right, the picture.” I glared at him and he shrugged sheepishly.

“Why?” I practically shouted at him, and felt Louis wrap and arm around my waist.

“You two looked cute, and the fans love stuff like that. Besides, you know what they say about payback,” he smirked at me. I groaned; he was reminding me of how Louis normally acted.

“Whatever,” I muttered, stomping off the plane.

We collected our bags from the carousel and had Paul put them on those big luggage carts they rent. Liam sat on the front of one, which Louis pushed. Niall rolled another, while Zayn carried one of the heavier bags separately. I just walked along between the carts.

It was nice to be home again. When we first walked in, the five of us just stood in the entry, taking it in. So much had changed since we were last here; it was hard to imagine. Florida had really been a trip to remember.

I was in my room unpacking my luggage when Louis strolled in. When I say unpacking, I mean taking things out of the bag and throwing them either in a random drawer or on the floor of my closet. I’m not exactly the neatest person, but it’s more than I can say for Boo. He actually doesn’t bother to put anything near where it should be. I bet he just dropped his bag in the middle of his room and left it there. If it weren’t for Liam, his room would be unbearable.

“Hey Hazza,” he greeted me as he flopped down on my bed.

“Hey.”

“What are you doing?”

I snorted. What did it look like I was doing? “Unpacking, which you should be doing too. Are you leaving it all for Liam again? You really use him as a slave, the poor boy,” I joked, and he laughed.

“Yeah. It’s more fun when I’m here with you anyway,” he looked down, embarrassed.

“Don’t do that, Lou,” I reach over and lift his chin, “don’t hide your beautiful eyes from me.”

We sit there for a few minutes, taking in each other’s happy moods and the relaxation of finally being in our own home.

“Haz?” he asks, and I turn to finish what I was working on folding.

“What?”

“Can I, erm, sleep, erm, in here?” Come again?

“You want to sleep in my room?” I ask, and he nods. “Why? You’ve got a perfectly good one of your own next door.”

“But that one doesn’t have you in it,” he pouts, and I grin at him. Cheesy, but I still found it adorable. He wanted to sleep with me.

“Of course you can, Boo. You never have to ask.” He smiled back at me.

Flinging the empty bag aside, I flop down on top of Louis. “I’m tired.”

“Me too,” he yawned. I pulled off my shirt and trousers, and he did the same.

“Night, Boobear.”

His arms wrapped around me, pulling me into his chest. I rolled over to face him, and we tangled our legs together. This moment felt so perfect, so peaceful. I was at home. I didn’t mean in the literal sense, though I was actually at home. I meant in the emotional sense.

Louis was my home.