Bake Me An Apology

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry, honey, I'm sorry!" He said desperately. "Please, I—"

"Sorry won't fix this, John." I said, pointed all around us. "What if the kids would have been here, do you know how dangerous would that be?! John are you fucking crazy?! "

"No, I wouldn't have done that with the kids here, I... " John sighed. "I will fix this, I promise."

"Yeah, you better!" I groaned. "I can't believe I married you!"

John's eyes look hurt. "What?" He asked quietly.

"You're a mess John, last month you almost broke a window trying to reach to the top of the wall to fucking hang a fucking bullseye, and a week after that, I stepped on one of your goddamned darts cause you didn't pick them up."

"Yeah, that was an accident, but how does that affect our marriage?" He asked again.

"You don't act like a husband John! Or like a father, you don't even act like an adult!"

He blinked multiple times and nodded. "Okay."

I chuckled darkly. "Okay?"

"Okay Alexander, I guess if I'm not 'adult enough for you' then all you gotta do is sign a paper, and that's it." He shrugged, his voice getting low. "Fuck this shit."

He walked pass me and locked himself in the guest room.

"Yeah, leave all the mess for me to pick up, as always, asshole!"

******

John hadn't talked to me in two days.

Yeah, how mature!

But honestly it was killing me, he wasn't even sleeping in the same room as me. He wouldn't talk to me, wouldn't eat what I cooked, wouldn't hold the door for me, wouldn't be in the same room as me, and he hid all his sweatshirts from me.

It was pure torture.

It was Friday, and the kids arrived on the night of that day.

I knew it was my fault, I was too harsh, and I haven't got any sleep thinking about it. I was really scared and maybe my words weren't the most tender.

He was now in his office, ignoring me as usual. So I decided to bake something for him. His favorite. A Tres Leches, his grandma's recipe.

I took put everything from the shelf and started setting everything on place And started cooking. Time flew when I was doing something by heart.

When the mold was already in the over, all that was left was the slight mess over the counter. I sighed, looked up at the ceiling.

That's when I heard a door slamming.

Looked back down  and my heart kinda stopped when I saw him.

He wasn't wearing a shirt, only sweat pants. His hair was up in a messy bun and he looked kinda tired. He didn't look at me when he walked to the fridge to grab a beer. I turned to him, getting a little anxious... And kinda horny when I saw the tattoo on his back. I almost forgot about that one.

He sniffed on the air and lifted an eyebrow.

"What are you baking?" He asked. I tried not to smile.

"Tres leches." I said, slowly.

His eyes lit up with something... Mysterious.

"Oh!" He said, closing the fridge door and resting his back on the counter. His muscles clenching. "What for?"