16

Checking your watch consistently does nothing. Sabrina knew this. Yet she kept doing it. Her watch, a birthday gift from Norman, seemed to irritate her a little, as Sabrina sat there, staring at the secretary.

Sabrina, in some disturbing way, wished she was in a small pit with fire ants than in that tiny, claustrophobic, waiting room. While meetings with her were ordinary, Sabrina still felt nervous. Unlike the other meetings, this one was short notice, and Robson sounded... concerned over the phone. She still remembers her exact words.

"Report to HQ. We have things we need to discuss."

"Can you tell me what about?" Sabrina had asked her.

"I'm afraid not. Report to me at once. We need to talk."

Sabrina wished she was at home. Eating breakfast with Norman, or laying in bed with Cletus, because really, Sabrina had PTA meetings that were more comfortable than visiting Helena Robson.

What Norman, Ted, and many other people did not know was that Sabrina worked for someone. They didn't use her real name, but they called her Oblivion, because little that went up against her survived. Only Sabrina and a few others knew her true identity.

Nobody knows much about Shadow Global, but Sabrina knew that Shadow Global was a painfully obvious evil corporation name, but for some reason the public eye had no idea of the corporation's espionage, embezzlement, and their most popular art form, hiring villains.

"Miss Miller?" Sabrina looked up to see a slim woman standing in the doorway to the waiting room. "Miss Robson will see you now."

Sabrina swallowed hard before walking into the office. Sabrina walked into the well-lit office, the secretary shutting the door behind her. The office chair faced away from Sabrina, and the woman's red hair peaked up from behind.

"Miss Robson," Sabrina announced herself. "Hello." The woman in the chair did not respond. "I have those systematic reports we've discussed. Vixen from the treasury department says..."

"We both know that's not why you're here," the woman's voice was soft and careful.

"Look, I..."

"Sit down, Sabrina." Sabrina sat in the chair facing the polished marble desk. Robson's chair spun forward to face Sabrina, Robson looking as pretty as ever, with blood-red hair that went perfectly with her cobalt eyes, her pale skin looking flawless without one blemish. Robson was the type of woman you would see across the swill of a bar, thinking about talking to her, but this woman would rather kill you than shake your hand.

"I would like you to tell me about the Central Park incident."

"You've read the reports..."

"I have. I wanted to hear it from you."

"Well... as you know, I was at my son's birthday..."

"Norman."

Sabrina paused. Hearing Robson says her son's name sent shivers down her back.

"Yes. I got a message from Samson, he was notifying me about the asset in the museum. I left right away, but someone must have tipped off Red Flame, as he arrived at the same time. I tried to play it off like I was robbing civilians, but Red Flame knows better. He knows I wouldn't do something small like that. I tried to flee, we fought, and I was forced to retreat."

"The reports claim you made Red Flame sign something. What was it?"

"It was... uh... Norman's school papers."

"What about the town hall incident a week after that?" Sabrina wondered why she was being asked these questions but played it off with a smile.

"The asset had been moved to central park, as you know. I was making dinner when I was notified. I left and arrived at central park about thirty minutes later. Someone was waiting for me.