2

Red Flame raised his arms, embraced in flame, as white frost flew through the air and clashed against the orange-red inferno. The power and force of the collision threw Red Flame back, his boots sliding across the ground, which was burnt and showered in flakes of ice. Red Flame lowered his arms for a moment and could only process the image of a woman in blue armor rushing forward, her leg raised. Red Flame raised his fist in an attempt to throw a punch, however, the velocity of his hand went too slow. Cold Front's shoe clashed with Red Flame's chest plate with spectacular speed and strength. Red Flame's chest exploded in sharp pain. His feet were no longer touching the ground, and he was instantly flying in the air, wind grazing his skin and stinging his wounds.

Cold Front cackles with laughter as Red Flame's body slams into the ground, with a stomach-turning sound.

"This is fun," Cold Front sighed. "What would I ever do without you?" Red Flame stood, rubbing his chest.

"I don't know. Win?"

"You're the one who's losing."

"Doubt it."

Cold Front lowered her head, as a bright, amber, ball of flame soared over her. Red Flame's hand released another two fire bolts, both rushing towards Cold Front. In a panic, she raised her hands, radiating frost. The first bolt was reduced to a mere flame. The second slammed into Cold Front's stomach with the force and speed of a car crash. Cold Front let out a scream, as a burning pain shot through her stomach. Groaning, Cold Front wrapped her arms around her stinging gut. Her armor took most of it, but she was still injured. She growled as she sprayed white ice over her injury. Cold Front raised her fist, ready to kill Red Flame. Red Flame poised himself to dodge, but then Cold Front came to a halt.

"Wait, wait, wait!" Cold Front sputtered. "Did you sign Norman's admission forms for Hillcrest?" Red Flame stood, mid-dodge, trying to remember.

"Err... um.. yes?"

"Ted...! I mean, Red Flame. School starts tomorrow, you have to sign them!"

"Okay, okay, I'll do it when I get home."

"You'll do it now!"

"What? No, I'm not gonna..." Cold Front continued to stare at him. Red Flame sighed in defeat.

"Alright," Red Flame mumbled.

___

Natalie, along with the camera person, Joel, watched the scene in utter silence, until Natalie's voice broke it.

"Hal, it appears..." She paused for a moment, studying Red Flame and Cold Front. "It appears Red Flame is signing some papers Cold Front has given him. Is it... a peace treaty?"

"What if it says Red Flame has to be her slave?" Joel wondered, his mouth full of chips.

"Joel, why would Red Flame sign something like that?"

"Maybe she has hostages?" Natalie blanched.

___

In the crowd gathered on Malcolm X, stood Tori and Darwin.

"Is... Red Flame signing something?" Tori questioned.

"It's probably the key to the city!" Darwin exclaimed.

"There is no key to the city, moron."