Epilogue

Sabrina walked through the rain, hands deep in the pockets of her hoodie. Her cap was adjusted tightly, as well as the hood over her head, yet she suspected the man at the drugstore counter recognized her.

I'm famous now, Sabrina thought bitterly.

Sabrina picked the lock easily and suddenly she was out of the cold rain and inside a car she didn't own. She gently forced the flathead screwdriver into the car's ignition and started it. She immediately turned up the heat to warm herself and again, wondered why a woman with her abilities would ever be susceptible to the cold.

Sabrina made a lot of enemies over the years. She would do what she had promised Norman she would do. She would return one day and turn herself in. But for now, Cold Front had some fish to fry... speaking of which...

"You don't have to stay so quiet," Sabrina addressed the man in the back seat. "You could say hello after all these years. After all, I haven't seen you since..." The hand of the young teenager slid around the driver's seat and pressed the heavy metal of a gun to Sabrina's temple. Sabrina's expression did not change.

"I'm not here to reminisce," he said, his teeth gritted.

"Then what are you here to do, Skylar?" The teen leaned back but kept the gun on Sabrina.

"That was a ballsy move," he admitted. "Revealing your identity like that. I'll be honest, out of all the things we expected you to do, we never expected that."

Sabrina gripped the steering wheel so tight her knuckles ached.

"I'm changing, Skylar."

"For your son?"

"For my son," she agreed. Skylar nodded.

"Wow. That's more love or kindness than you've ever shown her." Skylar scratched his head. "We've been hearing all about Norman Knight. The kid is impressive." Sabrina's heart began to drum in her chest.

"Stay... away... from him." Her jaw was clenched.

"I'm afraid we can't do that. You asked me why I'm here, well, I'll tell you. I came here to warn you, Sabrina. If you try to get in her way..." Skylar smiled. "Everyone you know and love will die. Got that?"

Sabrina's chest constricted.

"You can't do this," she said. "Tell Jennifer to stay away from Norman." Skylar laughed.

"Oh come on, Sabrina. How could I tell her to stay away from her own brother?"