Bonus Chapter

Complications. Ted knew what the word meant, but he couldn't understand why the annoying, perky, nurse in the pencil skirt kept saying it as if it was a full sentence.

"What's wrong with her?"

"Complications."

"Where are they?"

Melinda put her arm on Ted's.

"They'll be fine, Ted. Just calm down."

Ted sat down.

He wished Norman was there. His big brother always had helpful input. He had passed two days earlier and Ted and Melinda were still wrecked about it. Their dad wasn't though. He was cold as a stone and didn't really care about anyone or anything.

Ted and Melinda sat in the waiting room for hours, the doctor finally showing his exhausted face.

"Are they okay?" Ted asked, too scared to know the answer.

"They're fine. There were some complications, the baby's arm was over his head, blocking him from coming out."

"Him?" Melinda asked.

"It's a boy."

"Can I...?," Ted asked, pointing to the delivery room door.

"I think she'd like that," said Melinda.

The doctor motioned for Ted to go.

Ted slowly walked to the door, nausea quickly setting in. Ted walked in to see a tired Sabrina holding a small mound of blankets.

"You okay?" Ted asked, trying to look anywhere but Sabrina's general direction.

"I'm fine," Sabrina said, focusing on the mound in her arms. "Thank you for being here."

"He's my kid too."

"So.... how is this going to work?"

"I don't know."

"Wanna hold him?"

Ted suddenly looked at the thing in her arms like it was a bomb. Sabrina laughed a little and handed him the small child. Ted took the child in his arms, the baby's green eyes peering back at him. The eyes shared a small similarity to... Norman's.

"Norman," Ted mumbled.

"That's a good name. Is that what you wanna call him?"

"No, it's just... yeah. That's a good name."

The baby's small hand suddenly gripped Ted's finger.

ZAP!

Ted pulled his stung finger away, a blue arc of electricity zapping the tip of it. For a split second, the baby's eyes flashed the color of electric blue. Just for a second.

Odd, Ted thought to himself.