5

ENTRY: #68

DATE: 10:03 am, APRIL 9th

People ask me many times... how do I do it?

I do it as a man plays the violin. At first, you're inadequate at it, but then... with smarts and patience, blended in with practice and a good teacher... you learn.

The other day is a good example. I was in Central Park by the Guggenheim museum.

A man walked by me. He didn't even seem to notice me. Oh, but I noticed him. I distinctly remember his sneakers clapping against the cobblestone road. The man was tall and burly. He had a scratchy beard, which screamed he hadn't shaved in a few days. His eyes, which could've been blue at some point in time, were now gray, black lines circling them, making him look like a raccoon.

His dirty gray sweatshirt had a milk-colored crusty stain on the front.

Newborn.

Once I realized this, I became... captivated. I knew once I took this dull and unimportant man and released him from this dull and unimportant world, one day... years from now... his son or daughter would ask their mommy why... Why did daddy never come home? And they would think of me.

The man walked into a shop. I needed to play this smart. Putting my phone to my ear and grabbing a coffee cup someone neglected, I then proceeded to talk into the phone, as if someone was listening.

The man walked back out, his strong hand gripped against a plastic bag holding several packages of diapers. I pretended to shout into the phone as I whirled around. The man's big chest pressed against my hand, crushing the paper cup and lid. A warm, brown, fluid jumped into the air, raining back down on the man's shirt, beard, and hair. Some even got inside the plastic bag.

I offered him a walk down the street to a nice little laundromat. Where I could help him clean his shirt.

He's still breathing as of right now. I'm going to have a little more fun with him before I... release him.

The cops are still looking for him... they'll never find him.