Kidd- Never Forget

Should a crewmate tell their captain what to do?

In this case, yes.

I have discovered Captain Kidd crying silently in his room, stark naked. He told me to leave, but I disobeyed, too concerned for his well being. He told me of his troubling past, explaining some of his recent behavior.

"You're a mess, Captain. You get too tangled in your confidence. You think you haven't sinned, and I agree." The red haired male turned away from my (e/c) eyes, facing the wall as I stepped a little closer.

"I believe you're unstoppable. I'm trying to care for you; comfort you, but it seems your walls are impassible." A twinge of sadness flowed through my heart as my orbs threatened to spill warm tears.

"When it comes to your father, I think you're better off looking alone. The marines that hunt us can just go home, because you're deserving." I climbed onto his bed, hugging Kidd from behind as I snuggled into his broad shoulder.

"And at the end of the day, I know you think to yourself "My body is a product being sold on a shelf. Just like the booze I drink."" I saw Kidd's face flinch, as if I was reading his mind. He turned to me, hugging me deathly tight.

"Tell me I can change, (Y/n)! Please, tell me!" I held him gently, almost cradling him.

"I feel like when you come to this room, you contemplate your own death. I see the differences in behavior, even the smallest ones, Captain." I pulled away, wiping one of many tears flooding down the crimson haired male's eyes.

"The only advice I can give you is to look back at what you've done. No matter the good or bad. The sun was always shining down on you when you were happy or sad. It's always there every day, smiling at Eustass Kidd. So don't you dare forget the sun, because it never forgets you..." Kidd suddenly smiled through his tear stained face, unlike any smile he showed before.

"(Y/n)... You want to know why I let you know things that I don't let any of the crew know?" I shook my head, my (h/l) (h/c) locks following my movement.

"It's because my sun is right in front of me. I could never forget you." Kidd's lips stole my own in a sweet memento, holding me tightly throughout the rest of the night and never letting me go.