Corazon- Bullet Through The Heart

We have finally arrived.

This snowy island never ceases to amaze me. I get chills quicker than any other place on the Grand Line. I shivered in my Marine robes, following my crew ahead of me. That's when I heard a sudden gunshot, almost inaudible in the wind.

I looked around. Gazing at my crew, who seemed to not notice the bang, I raced off toward where I believe the sound came from. That's when I heard cries of what seemed to be the voice of a child.

My feet quickened. Two figures came into view. One of a small boy, pale as the snow and another a wounded man with ruffled blonde hair and makeup. The man laid on the snow, staining it crimson with the blood pooling out of him. That's when I knew.

He's a member of the Don Quixote family.

At the sudden recognition, I drew my gun.

"No! Please, ma'am! Don't!" The small boy stood between me and the man.

"He's already hurt! He needs help! Please..." Tsunamis of tears pooled out of the child's eyes, I could almost see his heart shattered. I don't recognize him as one of the family members, according to the wanted posters.

"My child, he is a dangerous man. He must be put to death."

"NOOOOO!"

I pulled the trigger.

The bullet struck the ground next to the man's arm.

"H-huh...?" The boy stared at the new hole in the ground.

"He's already gone if you haven't noticed..." I kneeled by the pale blonde male, pressing my lips onto his cold ones before closing his eyes.

"C-Cora-san! Cora-san!" I turned to the boy, picking him up and taking him into my custody.

"I'll take care of you. For his sake..."