[nikki]

I hopped out of my car and walked into the restaurant.. Is it normal to feel nervous about this? I mean, sure I should be nervous because it's basically a blind date. But maybe I feel nervous because I know Roman will be there, watching me. I shouldn't even be thinking about him. He has his date and I'll have mine.

I walked up to the table, Aj seeing me first He stood up from the table and walked over to me. "Hi, I'm Aj.. And you are absolutely gorgeous." I chuckled and eyed Roman as I sat beside Aj, Roman in front of me and Charlotte in front of Aj. "Thank you.. I'm Nikki." 

We said our hellos and talked it up, ordering food and drinks. Charlotte leaned over "So how are you liking the date?" I nodded and smiled "I think it's pretty great.. You?" I watched as her cheeks lit up. "Great.. I don't know why this guy over here doesn't like to date."

I watched as Roman tensed beside her. It almost made me chuckle. He doesn't like to date women like you. I looked towards Roman and took a sip of my wine, liking the taste off my lips. His eyes on my the whole time. "Why is that Roman?" 

I watched as he eyed me, his eyes screaming dangerous threats. But his lips slowly curled into a smirk. "I don't know.. I'm not really a 'date' kind of guy." I nodded "Maybe Charlotte can change that." I watched his smirk disappear as Charlotte leaned in.

Oh this is almost too good. I chuckled and took another sip of my wine before Roman cleared his throat. "What about you Nikki? Why don't you date?" I watched him as he smiled. Very slick, big dog. "Let's just say that I'm not very fortunate when it comes to the dating life."

I heard Aj chuckle beside me "How come? You seem perfect to me." I nodded and eyed "Thank you.. It's just every time I start to fall for a guy, I always fall for the wrong guy. Either he is too interested in his career.. Or-" I looked at him, his eyes on mine.

"Or he's not ready for just one girl." I watched as his eyes lowered towards his plate. This isn't the way I wanted you to find out. After that, the mood of the dinner slightly changed. Sure we talked a little more but the atmosphere wasn't the same.

I drank my last cup of wine and slowly got up. I felt Aj grab my hand, "Leaving so soon?" I took a quick look at Roman before looking back at Aj. "Yeah.. Listen guys it's been fun but I'm- I just have to call it a night."

I said my goodbyes and turned around. I was halfway out the door but I turned back and walked to the bathroom.. I need a break. I don't know if the wine made me lose my mind but I think I just told Roman that I had feelings for him.. And I am such a freaking idiot.

I walked into the bathroom, closing the door behind me. I placed my purse on the sink, leaning against it. I have to catch my breath.. Did I just make a mistake? Maybe I should have never said a word.