jerk.☁︎

"Well I guess this is it," Taehyung reluctantly opens the car door, he looks over his shoulder for a brief moment.

Jungkook raised an eyebrow, smiling secretly to himself.

"Thank you."

The brunette wanted to give himself a pat on the back for managing to speak without a stutter. Because holy moly the way the other's eyes dug into him with such sheer intensity, he found it hard to breathe.

"Sleep well angel," The dark haired male spoke, blinking a couple of times he let out a small yawn, his arms stretched out and a stream of veins popped out as he did so.

Taehyung froze, his eyes widening by a mere fraction, his heart too, seemed to have stopped functioning. God were his cheeks burning scarlet.

"Right, I will!" The boy squeaked sliding out of the car he quickly shut it behind him, sprinting off to the front of his house.

Jungkook chuckled, shaking his head he muttered  a 'cute' under his breath as his eyes followed a panicked Taehyung.

"Taehyung you darn fuck up." He muttered to himself, slapping his reddened cheeks, he heaved a sigh of relief as he heard car wheels scrape away.

Taehyung fumbled around for his keys in his pockets, frowning as he feels nothing but the linen that lined them.

Reality dawned upon him as the boy brought up his palm to slap his forehead.

He had managed to lose his keys.

His father would never open the door for him. Heck he'd probably be ecstatic at the thought of Taehyung dying in the cold.

The brunette grimaced, still, perhaps it was worth a try.

His finger tip pressed on the doorbell, once.

Taehyung held his breath, daring a second time.

Nothing.

The boy rolled his eyes, imagery of his father sprawled out on the couch half knocked out from alcohol seemed accurate.

He bit his lip, as he clicked on his phone, scrolling through his very few contacts.

Taehyung felt like crying as he looked at the only saved contact on his phone. Jungkook.

So much for a social life.

Grinding his teeth together, he braced himself, for the embarrassment, because yes a well grown boy like Taehyung had lost his keys... how?

That remains a mystery.

"Angel?"

Taehyung coughed, his cheeks immediately flooding with colour.

"U-Uh I need your help?" The boy timidly asks, his foot scraping at a rock as he bites his lip.

Jungkook didn't actually leave, funnily enough he was right around the corner.

Much like a stalker, but he wanted to make sure his boy got in safe, after knowing what goes on in that house, it was only his instinct.

"You alright?" His voice rutted through the line, and that alone deepened the red that stained the brunette's cheeks.

"I lost my keys, I may have dropped it somewhere but there's no one at home so I can't get in, could you maybe help me out?"