circled in red.☁︎

Taehyung hisses as he dabs on the cut on his cheek with a cotton ball dipped in disinfectant, the cool liquid stings at the cut and the boy sighs as he stares at himself in the mirror.

His father had gone at him slightly worse today, a few more punches than usual, it wasn't the worst he's ever gotten but fuck did it hurt.

Jungkook had left not so long ago, though the boy was glad he left before his father found out. The boy would probably leave him if he knew, just like everyone else did no one wanted to deal with such a mistake.

Taehyung unwrapped a plaster, peeling off the sticker as he plastered it onto the rather deep cut on his cheek. This was a normal occurrence, it shouldn't hurt but it did, it hurt a fucking lot.

The brunette shook his head, he didn't want to think of what just happened, he wanted to think of Jungkook instead. The thoughts of him seemed to make his day just a little brighter, no matter if he were covered in cuts and bruises.

As he exits the bathroom, he walks by his calendar, his eyes widen and his heart sinks. The date was circled in red, the bold numbers of 25.

He had forgotten, forgotten that today was the day of mourning, for he no longer had a brother. How could he have so carelessly forgotten?

Taehyung quickly reached for his backpack, stuffing his wallet into his pocket he ran downstairs. Passing by his father who was passed out, drunk, on the sofa how typical of him.

Hyung, I'm so sorry.

Jungkook cussed out as he pulled up next to Taehyung's house, why did I leave?

"Fuck!" The raven-haired male grunted in annoyance, though his eyes widen, he sees the boy he was so desperately looking for running out of his house, movements rather frantic as he slings his backpack over his shoulder, looking left to right.

Jungkook's mouth is agape, slightly startled, he was more than just curious, he was rather concerned.

Muttering incoherent profanities under his breath, the boy turns the key, driving slowly behind Taehyung, who was incredibly oblivious to the car slowly trailing behind him.

Taehyung panted as he ran down the pavement, he was late, almost too late. The sun was just beginning and if he were any later he was afraid to disappoint, he needed to get the flowers.

Everything seemed to be spinning, why, why did it have to be at this moment that he'd forget?

5 minutes, I can make it.

The brunette puffed out a long breath, his lips tugging up into a small smile as he spots the local florist shop, Jin. A man in his late twenties, who treated the boy as his own, he put out white roses every 25th especially for the brunette, knowing of his mourning.

"Taehyung!" The man smiled warmly at the younger boy who walked into the store, his eyes brighten as he sees the bouquet of white roses, beautifully wrapped in decored plastic.

"Hey." The brunette smiles, genuinely. He couldn't help it the man gave off such a contagiously carefree vibe.

"You were almost late." Taehyung nodded, sheepishly smiling as he looked at his watch, he reaches for the pretty bouquet as he thanks the older male, Jin blew him a kiss and the brunette chuckled rolling his eyes as he walked out of the small shop, smiling.

I'll see you soon?

Jungkook bit his lip as he sat in his car, the vehicle was perched on the pavement.

Taehyung walks out of the small shop, and the boy is immediately alert. He knew this was sort of stalkerish, but he couldn't help but wonder what exactly the other was running after.

Jungkook wanted to save Taehyung, even if he couldn't so save himself.

_

A/N: 30K wHAT?

updates have been shit as always

im so sorry!

exam season has started and im ripping my hair out.

hopefully more frquent updates? :)

thank ya'll so much for 30K, my throat hurts from screaming

so much.

:')