euphoric heart.☁︎

"I need a repeat of my prescription."

Hoseok raised an eyebrow, eyes narrowing towards Taehyung's father. Nonetheless, he ushered Namjoon to check his cabinets for what the man desired.

"You know your payment is well overdue."

The man faltered before him, his hands were shaking and his eyes pleaded as he tries to negotiate.

"Take my son as payment."

"Kim Taehyung?" Hoseok questions his head tilted, eyes smiling oh how this turned out easier than expected.

"Yes, that imbecile he's all I've got to offer." Taehyung's father's eyes burned with hatred, it brought a sense of familiarity to the other thinking of how alike their parents were.

Both filled with hatred and disgust for their children, are they deserving of the title as parents?

"That imbecile you call it is mine you remember, do not lay a finger on him as you bring him to me." Hoseok didn't know, didn't know why he hurt to think of the boy getting hurt. Was it pity it has to be... right?

The old man nodded, Namjoon hands him his 'prescription' in a paper bag slightly hesitant. The name Taehyung was familiar to him and he didn't know from where or how.

Although Namjoon, he just didn't like that this father, or whatever he called himself took such a drug while he had a kid. It was morbid.

"Those will ruin your liver and will induce-"

"I don't care, stick your nose out of my health alright?"

Namjoon cleared his throat, why should he dare to even care, in fact, it was probably better for the kid that he dies sooner than normal.

Hoseok clapped his hands as the drunkard left, clicking a pen he takes down a few notes in his journal for today would mark the day where Kim Taehyung was officially handed over to him.

He circles the name Kim Taehyung repeatedly, ink layered over ink it dampened the paper, ripping it a little as the male continued the vigorous circular patterns with his pen.

"He's going to be mine, Joon."

Namjoon faked a smile patting his friend's shoulder.

"Yes, yes he is."

"You okay?" Jungkook rubbed Taehyung's upper thigh softly, the brunette nodded smiling at him with that boxy smile of his.

"Penny for your thoughts love?" Taehyung giggled, shaking his head.

"I'm thinking."

Jungkook strummed his fingers against his steering wheel, his eyes clouded with something that couldn't be read, his eyes were focused on the road ahead but his mind was all on Taehyung.

"I'm thinking about you." Taehyung made his eyes go all dreamy and puppy love like his lips twisted into a pout making the other snort at his rather adorable display of cheesiness.

"What about me hm?" The brunette sunk into his car seat his seatbelt slid up against his neck with a strange zipping sound.

He was afraid to say that he was thinking of how long this euphoric feeling was going to last. The boy was thinking of his father, how he'd perhaps come between them but then again it's not like that man cared so maybe it wasn't a thought to be held.

Although his father loved to hold even the tiniest of things against him, everything was his fault after all. Everything.

"Love?"

Taehyung laughed forcedly, he laced his fingers through the other boy's hand that lay on his lap.

"I was just thinking of how we met and all."

Taehyung looks at Jungkook with a thoughtful glance, his heart swelling with that same euphoric feeling.

From a bully to a lover, how could it be this man was now in Taehyung's company not that he was complaining. It felt like he was now complete, but exactly how long would this last-

"Thinking of how unexpected things turned out."