lion.☁︎

Taehyung sighed lightly as he lied back on the arm chair, he rummages through his backpack pulling out his favourite instrument.

Jungkook peered through the small window on the door, his eyes fixated on Taehyung.

"Play for me." Jungkook whispers, his ears pressed against the door as he intently listens to a soft light tune that plays from the boys ukulele.

Taehyung completely oblivious, in his own world stares out the window looking at the clouded sky.

Taehyung pouts slightly as he recalls Jungkook almost near to killing him.

"What have I ever done to Jungkook?"

Taehyung mutters lowly, his eyes downcast as the previous soft light tune from the ukulele no more, the chords sounding more strained and weak.

Jungkook sighs at the sight, lowering his head in shame.

"I'm so stupid, he must think I'm crazy."

Jungkook shakes his head, as he looks at Taehyung through hooded eyes.

The boy looked beautiful, his bottom lip stuck out his eyes were glassy making his brown orbs stand out clearly.

Taehyung was beautiful in every way.

Rain pattered down the window the sound oddly putting Taehyung at ease.

He pushes Jungkook to the back of his mind as he hums quietly focusing on playing the instrument.

"I'm selfish."

"You deserve better."

"Tae tae!"

Little 3-year-old Taehyung ran around the living room giggling, as he threw his arms up in the air swinging them around.

"Eomma no bath pwease."

Taehyung pouted at his mother crossing his arms over looking up at her with wide eyes.

His mother giggled at her child, shaking her head at her little boy.

"Awe c'mere little tae tae." Taehyung shook his head stubbornly sticking his tongue out.

"Get over here my little lion." His mother chased the small boy around the house both of them laughing hysterically.

Taehyung was tackled to the ground, as his mother planted kisses all over his face.

"What am I going to do with you." The boy's mother huffed playfully, picking up the smaller boy in her arms.

"I luv you eomma."

She giggled.

"I love you too my little lion."

Taehyung stood in the hallway with wide eyes as he stared at his mother and father.

"You fucking slut."

"You took my money."

"I had to feed our son at least."

Taehyung's mother whimpered as she held her sore cheek.

"A-Appa?" Taehyung gasped as he saw his mother cry out in pain.

"Shut up you brat."

Taehyung's bottom lip quivered as he felt his father push him harshly to the side as he walked out of the living room.

"E-Eomma why is Appa being a meanie?"

Taehyung whimpered running to his mother's side.

Taehyung's mother smiled weakly at the boy, ruffling his hair as she bends down to hug him tightly.

"You'll never leave me, right eomma?"

Taehyung questions his eyes wide and teary as he pouts.

She sniffled.

"Never, my little lion."

Lies, day after day the beatings would get worse.

His father hit both Taehyung and his mother.

He never provided for them, his father was greedy for money.

Taehyung's mother lost herself, she forgot she had a son.

She used up her money for drugs instead of food for her son, she had become self-absorbed.

The world revolved around her, maybe it was a way for her to forget, maybe it was for the best she forgot all about her dearest son.

"No more little lion." Taehyung chuckled humourlessly, packing away his ukulele.