ukulele.☁︎

introductory ;

TW: There are mentions of abuse in this story, if you are uncomfortable with such themes please don't read <3 

Taehyung almost squealed with excitement as soon as he heard the bell ring.

He could play his ukulele.

His only true source of happiness.

When the world lost its colours and the sky turned dull, Taehyung would always find comfort by playing his ukulele.

It was a coping mechanism, you could say.

Taehyung was skipping down the hallways of the school, humming happily as he entered the music room.

Every day at 16:30 after school had ended Taehyung would come to this room to play his ukulele.

Taehyung smiled spotting the small armchair in the corner of the room.

He sat down, zipping open his backpack, rummaging through it to pull out the instrument.

The boy closed his eyes, his fingers strumming the chords of the ukulele so smoothly.

A soft sound coming from the ukulele set Taehyung at peace.

He was so immersed in playing the instrument.

Taehyung didn't feel the pair of eyes on him watching him play.

Happiness, something that never came to Taehyung easily.

However, when he came to the time he'd play the instrument all troubles were forgotten.

It's almost as if he'd never had a father who'd beat him.

It's almost as if he'd never had multiple people call him a queer and shove him into lockers.

Oh, how the world was so strange.

So fucked up.

Taehyung sighed as he looked at the time, he'd have to go back to the place he called 'home'.

A place that was supposedly supposed to bring comfort and protection to a person but Taehyung had none of that.

Taehyung put away the instrument packing it away in his backpack as he practically ran out the school.

If he's late, he's dead.

Taehyung shut his eyes tightly, breathing ragged and uneven as he opened the door to his 'home.'

As known as his own personal hell.

"Taehyung." His drunk father slurred as he stumbled across the living room to get to him.

"You fucking faggot."

"Why are you still alive?"

A harsh slap was delivered to Taehyung's face, he whimpered lowly but did not speak a word, what was new about this.

Someone, please save me.