New Moon 11: I can't

The following morning, Bella and I head to Emily house to meet with the others about the plan. Jared, Emily, Jacob, Bella, Embry, Paul, Sam, and I were in the midst of a huge breakfast. Bella, Emily, and I made it for the whole gang.

"Excellent, if the redhead's after Annie and Bella, we've got bait," Jared said with a full mouth.

I grabbed a four-pronged spading fork from the garden tools and threw it at Jared's head. However, Jared easily and amazingly catches it.

"We aren't bait"I glared at him.

Jared gave me a sly smirk.

"We should leave town" Bella suggested.

"Bella, Victoria will follow us anywhere," I said making her frown.

"And besides it'll make it harder for us to catch her," Sam said making me frown.

"No one can catch her," Bella said.

"That bitch can escape anything," I said sighing and Bella nods.

"Ohh is that right? What she has special powers?" Paul joked.

"Some of them do," Bella said,

We all look at her and Bella instantly regrets saying anything.

"Bells," I said in disbelief.

"Like... What?" Jake asked interestedly.

I gave Bella a look to shut it and she looks down.

"Hey didn't she say something about a mind reader? Was he a leech? Wait, can they all do that?" Jared asked Bella.

"That would blow," Embry said frowning.

"You told them?" I asked her and she didn't look at me.

"No, I-- shouldn't have--no" Bella said not looking at me.

"They're still protecting them," Paul said.

I turn to him and he was frowning.

"I don't understand why. It's not like they stuck around to protect you---"

I threw another garden tool and this time Jared didn't catch it on time.

"Annie, what the fuck," he said holding his head.

"Don't say anything you'll regret!" I said glaring at him.

Jared looks at me apologetically. I see Bella shrinks, stung from Jared's words.

After our little breakfast Paul, Jared, and Embry went to patrolling the area while Sam, Emily, Bella, Jake, and I stayed behind to clean up. In the kitchen, I saw Emily and Sam hugging each other. You could see their deep love for each other. A flashback came to mind, the day of my birthday. Jasper and I were in a similar embrace, as Alice snaps a photo of us.

"You okay?" I heard someone say.

I looked up and saw it was Sam, looking down at me with concern. I turn to Emily as she was worried too.

"Yeah," I said forcing a smile.

I walked past them so they wouldn't see my pain expression or the tears that threaten to fall down on my face.

That day we spend it with Emily and the others, I enjoyed it but I felt lonely and I knew Bella did too. Later that evening we went home. Bella went to stay over at Jessica's place but I didn't want to go so I stayed home.

Dream

I enter the Cullen's house just to find it perfectly intact, warm and they were there in the living room. Carlisle, Esme, Rosalie, Emmett, Alice, Edward, and even Bella enjoying the evening like we justed too. I was overwhelmed with joy at seeing them here.