Blinded

For so long,
Always suffering,
Pondering, wandering upon this world for the past years.
Watching the roses slowly fade, along with the memories you've carried along through the trauma that you've witnessed as a child.
Forever damaged, stuck, sad, angry, disgusted,
Nobody understands.
Being brainwashed by your own parents,
Forcing yourself to hold back the feelings you've kept under the thick layer of skin.
The scars on your arms, legs, stomach, resemble the pain you've felt the day you've cut yourself, hurt yourself.
It doesn't make a difference.
Forced to suffer this agonizing pain in your heart, nobody to go to. Nobody to talk to about it.
Beaten down, shamed, threatened, all by your own parents.
They throw you down, treat you like a doll.
They say your parents/guardians are nice people,
But the scars, slash marks on your back say otherwise.
The mental, psychological damage makes you afraid to even speak about what happened behind closed doors at home.
No child should suffer, especially from mental, physical abuse.
Using threats against you, but their empty threats.
Don't be afraid, don't be scared, be brave.
It'll all be over soon, I promise.
Stand up for yourself they said, all you got was got a huge slap, more slash marks to come,
Blood resembling the tears you've shed, running down your back.
Tears. Dripping down onto the floor, running down your face.
Calling these people "family" isn't helping, is it?
All they do is abuse the fuck out of you, mentally, mental abuse is more damaging than physical abuse.
Now, you walk down the streets feeling ashamed, guilty, empty guilt that your parents made you feel.
It will forever affect you, will it?
Nobody cares until you're gone, maybe the ones that care are the ones that hurt you most.
You thought you could trust them, but their really the ones lying to you, hurting you.