Chapter - 54 Darling Bahu

Start from the beginning

"Welcome superstar. Very early you are. How fortunate we are to see you grace our kitchen. A rare sight." joked his mother. Alia was so sure that their mother's will connect more with their wit and sarcasm. That would be a sight to behold!

"Kuch bhi, maa! By the way I am starving here. Is everything done ?" he asked with temptation.

"Yes sir. We are almost done. Abhi table laga denge" smiled bhabhi.

"And haan, iss madam ko bhi kuch sikha de. Shaadi ke baad who will prepare food for me ?" Sid winked at a horrified Alia. 

She couldn't believe her ears. Him being this bold in front of his family was scarce. 

"Oh hello ? I ain't preparing anything for you. You have your maid for that. I'll go to work" replied Alia with pride. 

Meanwhile the ladies carried food bowls and cutlery to the dining table, still recovering from their blunt talks. Involuntarily, both of them moved towards the table area still having the nonsensical fight over who'd work and who would cook and stay back.

"Nah. What are wife's for ? Warna main maid se shaadi na kar loon ?! I would work and bring money. You stay back, cook and look after kids. Okay ?" he ruffled her hair like an adult and took his seat besides his brother. His family listened to the conversation with a suggestive grin.

Alia was pissed beyond measure at his callous attitude. Basically being indifferent to his baby-statement.  

"Me what ? I won't be a house wife. You sit back and take care of the crying babies. I cannot handle all the stress" she smirked and flipped her hair while sitting next to him. Arpita laughing loud at her statement caused other's to giggle silently. A mortified Sid turned his full attention and chair towards Alia and spoke 

"Excuse me ? Our kids will cause you stress ? Guess what ? Your cat's are going to be my death!" He probably wasn't realizing where their silly kiddish fight was leading onto.

She whacked him hard and he gasped. Rimma covered her mouth to stifle the laughter that could unleash anytime soon. Sunil choked on his water and coughed to which his elder son rubbed their father's back with a chortle. "Oh pleaseee! Oscar is no less. I'm scared he'll squeeze my poor cat out of his way too friendly nature and obvious weight!" she retorted with equal intensity.

Sensing that now since their pets were dragged into the mess, the silly fight could get nasty, Sunil cut Sid before he could retaliate. "Now you both, hush down! Bohot ho gaya drama. Why to drag a foolish conversation ? Sid, we are having food. Where's your manners ? And Alia is our guest. You don't engage in a war especially with our Alia." He had the final say. 

Alia blew a flying kiss to his dad. 

Sid focused more on the last part. Thus he mimicked 'Our Alia' under his breath while dangerously attacking the mutton kebab with fork. Others found it too adorable. Alia winked at his bhabhi. "Anyhow, I appreciate your thought, sid. You did planned for the future very well. Bade aage ki soch li!" said bhaiyya. That caused a riot of sniggering across the room. 

Sid and Alia looked at each other as hastily as possible and realized their absurdity. They blush once it strucks them hard. Without exchanging a word, they concentrate on the delicious food. Rimma stands up and pours more curry on to Alia's plate, ignoring her protest, since she was having so less. "Arey nahi aunty. I've had enough. My stomach is full. This was so yum" she replied with satisfaction. 

His mother smiles back and says "Lier. You had so less. I know it's in your profession to stay fit, slim and all but all you kids have turned so lean and sick like. Stay healthy and not malnourished." Alia shakes her head with a sheepish smile and Sid suddenly chuckles hard. "This applies to you too, Mr Malhotra" spoke his mum, making him cast his head down with an awkward smile. That turns Alia into a howling maniac.