Regardless you still loved him endlessly.
You could be gone any day now. You knew Niall didn't mean his actions, all those times he slept on the sofa acting like he was in a mood. Even though you didn't confront him about it, you knew it was because he wanted a bit of space from you, so you let him. All those times he turned down hanging out with you because of some 'excuse' you knew he was annoyed at you, but still didn't say anything.

That's when you decided to get up and get on with things. You didn't want to leave things the way they were with Niall, you couldn't...

You received a text from Zayn telling you Niall was at his. That's exactly where you were heading, to try and talk to him.

*Zayn's house*

"Hey y/n, come in" Zayn smiled giving you a hug.

"Oi Zayn who's.............oh you" Niall said his face dropping when he caught sight of you. "What are YOU doing here y/n?" he asked annoyed.

"You told me you were at Liam's.....why?" You asked. "Why? You're seriously asking me why?! Because y/n I can't handle all of your CLINGY SHIT," He shouted the last few words making you flinch. His fists were clenched and his jaw tight.

Zayn was about to speak "Alright Ni I think you should calm d.........."

"NO ZAYN."

"DO YOU KNOW HOW ANNOYING IT IS, WHEN SOMEONE WANTS TO SPEND EVERY SINGLE SECOND WITH YOU? IT'S BLOODY ANNOYING, I CAN'T STAND IT. Y/N WHAT DON'T YOU GET, I'VE GIVEN YOU ALL THE SIGNS, DO I RELLY NEED TO SPELL IT OUT.....LEAVE.ME.ALONE. EVERYWHERE I TURN I FEEL LIKE YOU'RE ALWAYS THERE!" He finished, all of the blood rushing to his face. You had never seen him this angry, in fact you had never seen anybody this angry before.

"Niall....I....i'm sorry.....i didn't realise....i should have....just...I" You stuttered tears threatening to spill.

"WHAT Y/N? YOU SHOULD HAVE WHAT?" He asked seeming to get even more annoyed.

"YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE MY GIRLFRIEND NOT MY FOLLOWER"
With that, you sighed defeated. He needed time to cool off and he obviously wasn't going to let you talk at the moment. It felt like your body had given up and all you wanted to do was sleep, you had been feeling extra tired lately.

You took the doctors letter which explained everything out of your pocket and handed it towards Niall, "What is this?!" He asked blood still boiling. "It...explains a lot of things, I think you should just read it....please" You said quietly. "I don't want to read your shit y/n," he said with gritted teeth flinging the letter across the room. Now you really were defeated, "Fair enough" you said. "I'm gonna go back to the apartment now......" You said walking out of the door. "Thank god" You heard Niall mutter.

"I'm erm...I'm sorry for barging in like this Zayn," You said sadly, he came over to the door to give you a good bye hug and you whispered in his ear
"Take care of him for me. Make sure he always remembers it's not his fault and I don't blame him for anything, okay?" You whispered. Zayn looked at you wide eyes questioningly, he had worry written all over his face. He didn't say anything just nodded his head.

You opened the door and looked back one last time at your boyfriend. "I love you Niall." Before closing the door and walking away.

*Third person's pov*

After y/n and Niall's argument. Niall was still seething with anger, if he was a cartoon character smoke would be coming out of his ears. Zayn put a hand on his shoulders
"Mate there's something really wrong here, don't you see it?" Zayn asked concerned. "What Zayn?" Niall asked through gritted teeth. "Just stop being so stubborn for a second and look at that bloody letter!" He said with authority in his voice, when Zayn was angry it must have been serious.

Reluctantly Niall walked over to the letter picket it up and began to read. With every sentence he read his heart broke a little more, it felt harder and harder for him to breathe, everything fit into place, all the times y/n wanted to spend time with him......she didn't have any time left.....

Someone could hit him over the head with a brick at this point and it would have hurt less
"Niall?" Zayn asked warily. He looked up to Zayn with wide eyes, "She.....she.....cancer....." he whispered disbelievingly.

That's when it all clicked in Zayn's brain, that's what y/n was whispering to him about.
"No no no no no" Niall muttered running out of the door as fast as he could. He had to get to the apartment. He had to tell y/n how sorry he was, how stupid he had been. He had to.
"NIALL" Zayn called out to try and slow him down. But Niall was having none of it, he had to get to his princess.

*15 minutes later*

He walked through the apartment "Y/n?" He checked the kitchen she wasn't there. Everything was eerily quiet. "Come on y/n where are you?" He muttered to himself. He walked over to their shared bedroom and stopped in his tracks, his whole world came crashing down in front of him.

He walked over to y/n's lifeless body lying there on the ground, silent sobs shook his body. He knelt down beside her
"Oh my......" he sobbed trying to wipe away the tears to clear his sight. "I'm so so sorry princess. I love you y/n, I love you so much, how could I have been so stupid, I'm sorry....i'm so sorry.....i love you....i'm so sorry........" Whilst Niall was sobbing knelt down whispering things Zayn walked in quietly beside him. He put a hand to his mouth to quieten the sob that was to escape from his mouth.

He placed a hand on Niall's shoulder, but Niall didn't feel a thing
"My princess is gone.......she's gone........so sorry y/n, I've never stopped loving you," He cried.

*1 year later*

As time went by, there wasn't a single day that Niall didn't think about y/n. She crossed his mind every day no matter what. He had learned to live with it and was slowly but surely getting on with things a lot better. He found a note a couple of weeks after y/n's death from her and it gave Niall the closure he needed. He knew he never deserved you, but the note assured him that no matter what y/n loved him and he loved her, she would always be in his heart.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did I make your eyes sweat a little?