Chapter Eighteen: Sakura's Song

Start from the beginning

"I was just going to ask if Nayumi wanted to help me kill Naraku, but since she isn't here I'll just come back some other time." Koga said and was gone.

        "Lord Sesshomaru, where are you going?" Jaken asked when Sesshomaru stood up and started to leave.

"Out." was Sesshomaru's only reply.

         Nayumi followed the sound of the flute. She couldn't stop her body from moving. She still hadn't gained much of her spiritual powers back, so when she got bit on the neck again she couldn't make it to Sesshomaru to tell him. Now she mindlessly following the sound of a flute she was sure only she could hear.

She didn't have very much spiritual power left in her, but she once again reached out towards death. She had to make a Death Connection with Sesshomaru. He needed to know something was wrong.

"Foolish girl!" the spirits yelled; rushing towards her.

"You can have me soon. Right now I have stuff to do." Nayumi said; waving her hand at them and the evaporated.

"Your powers grow the closer you are to the Underworld." an odd spirit said; he looked familiar.

"Who are you?" she asked; looking closer.

"My name is Inu no Taisho." he replied.

"You're the dog's father!" Nayumi exclaimed.

"And you are the priestess with powers connected to the Underworld." the Great Dog Demon said.

"What do you want? Do you wish to drag me down? Do you really think you stand a chance?" Nayumi asked.

"I am here for no such thing. I merely wish to pass your mesage on to Sesshomaru." he replied.

"How?" Nayumi asked; not wanting to trust a demon.

"Through Tensegia." he answered.

"Sakura. Follow the lily dust." Nayumi finally said.

"Is that all you wish me to tell him?" Inu no Taisho asked.

"Yes." Nayumi said and pushed herself back to the real world.

        I thought you had managed to escape. Sakura's voice chimed in her head. 

I'm not quiet that lucky. Nayumi thought back. Mind telling me where we're going at least?

Naraku wishes to see you. Sakura answered.

        "What is it Tensegia?" Sesshomaru asked as his sword started to rattle violently.

"Son, the priestess wishes for me to tell you Sakura. Follow the lily dust." it wasn't Tensegia. Sesshomaru was suprised to hear his father's voice.

"Father?" Sesshomaru asked.

"Hurry son. You must get to the girl. Something or someone has a hold on her soul." Inu no Taisho said and then was gone.

"Nayumi." Sesshomaru said and started to fly.

        How does she expect me to follow somethingg I can't smell? Sesshomaru thought; looking at the ground. He had flown to the spot where he had found the note, but he didn't know how to follow something he couldn't smell. 

"What's that?" he asked out loud. He sniffed the air some more, and then he realized it wasn't just llily dust. Nayumi had managed to slip a little bit of her spiritual power into the dust. It wasn't much, but he could smell another pile in the distance. Her power was unlike any other and he would always be able to find it.

        "I wont- I won't le- let you take m-me any- fa-farther." Nayumi stumbled over her words as she fought to take back control of her body. She could see Naraku's barrier, and she had no intentions of going in it.

"Stubborn girl!" the voice sounded like bells.

"So you decided to show yourself." Nayumi laughed but her teeth were gritted together.

"Hmph. Only because I'm going to have to drag you from here. You're a stubborn wench, and when Naraku is done with you I'm going to kill you." Sakura said; she had long pink hair, and was wearing a short white kimnono.

"Good luck." Nayumi said; she now had most of her control back.

"Sakura. I'll take it from here." Naraku said; appearing in front of them.

"Give me your best shot." Nayumi said; she knew this wasn't going to end well with only her bare hands to defend herself with.

"You're such a determined llittle thing." Naraku said with a smug smile.

"Guah. Kwan Chiyori." Nayumi said; using the little power she had managed to build up. She knew the smell of Naraku would bring Sesshomaru.

"How did you break my barrier?" Naraku asked; shock overwhemling his features.

"Distress doesn't suit you Naraku." Nayumi said; breaths coming heavy.

"You're nothing but a pain." Naraku growled.

"I don't see why you're even trying." Nayumi said. "Your barrier cannot be brought back up. Not while I'm around."

"I will kill you!" Naraku yelled and struck her.

        Sesshomaru's keen nose picked up on Naraku's scent quickly. As he flew, he could also smell Nayumi's blood.He landed where a battle obviously took place. Her spiritual power was drenching the area, and so was her blood.

"AH!" Sesshomaru heard Nayumi cry out in pain.

        "You will die here!" Naraku yelled and brought his arm down for a final blow.

"I will never die at your hand!" Nayumi yelled back; she could feel Sesshomaru's demonic presence approaching fast, and she wasn't going to give up. She brough her hands up and spiritual power blocked his attack.

"How do you have so much power left?!" Naraku growled.

"Pure will!" Nayumi yelled; truth was she was just too close to death. The closer she got to death, the stronger her powers got.

"Get down, slayer!" Sesshomaru yelled; drawing his sword as he approached.

"Don't tell me what to do." Nayumi said; standing up, but she was thankful he had shown up.

"I'll let you take over now, Sakura." Naraku said with a smile.

        Kill him! Kill Sesshomar! Sakura's voice rang in her head. 

'Run dog!" Nayumi yelled before she lost her control.

"If you run, Sesshomaru, then I will have Sakura kill the girl." Naraku said.

"Do I look like the type to take orders from a human?" Sesshomaru repied; voice it's usual cold manner.

"You fool! LEAVE!" Nayumi yelled; falling to her knees in pain as she used her power to throw Sesshomaru into the trees.

"Sakura, how is she still able to move at her own will?" Naraku asked.

"The odd mix of feelings she has for the demon won't let me take complete control." Sakura said; eyebrows furrowed in concentration.

"AHHHH!!!!" Nayumi cried; falling to her stomach as she fought.

"If I keep pushing I'm going to kill her." Sakura said.

"Keep going." Naraku ordered.

"My pleasure." Sakura replied with a pained smile.

"Let's see who's body gives out first. Mine or yours." Nayumi said; tears falling down her face from the pain.

"What do you mean? I'm barely sweating." Sakura laughed.

        Nayumi didn't reply. She looked at Sakura and that's when the scream came.